This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] against super aggressive player

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      only 56 hands but he was action man
      68/28/ 0 3bet/ 44 cbet... he was playing his 2nd pairs aggressively and AK on A high dry board he checked twice and then bet the river.

I call preflop because he was pretty passive post-flop and was checking most of the time (c/r and c/c).

I hit nice flop, his pot cbet doesn't scare me because he was also over potting in few occasions.

On turn I'm confused. He bets normal 2/3 pot ?( Before he was like block betting 1/10 or c/r. I decide to call because he might have draws, and worse Jx or even 9x hands.

On river he checks. I was afraid of his c/r + we were deep. But now I have to value bet and I was thinking of $5. It was akward because I don't want to call his shove, since he might have KT or even some set of 22, 99. To be frank I wanted to bet bu I was playing too many tables so I ran out of time.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      BB ($14.73)
      UTG ($24.85)
      UTG+1 ($10.89)
      Hero ($20.55)
      BTN ($16.45)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: Q:club:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold

FLOP ($1) 2:club: 9:club: J:diamond:

SB checks, UTG bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10, SB folds

TURN ($3.20) 2:club: 9:club: J:diamond: 3:heart:

UTG bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20

RIVER ($7.60) 2:club: 9:club: J:diamond: 3:heart: Q:heart:

UTG checks, Hero checks

UTG shows Q:spade: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 88%, Flop 86.3%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows J:heart: Q:club:
      (Pre 12%, Flop 13.7%, Turn 4.5%)

UTG wins $7.10
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Well, if you are playing against such a play and even hitting your 2pairs on river then most likely it's a must value-bet spot. As you said yourself he is passive postflop then most likely if he is Check/Raising the river then he will rather have us beat than we him.

Since I expect him to 3rd barrel all kind of 2pairs like J9.

Best Regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      How much would you value bet here? $4,50 enough? Since we can still fold if he raise-shoves.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      How much would you value bet here? $4,50 enough? Since we can still fold if he raise-shoves.
      $3-4 should be enough, so we would also have room for folding.