[NL2-NL10] Nuts IP

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      BU 81 hands/ 21/19/ 25 steal
      SB 26 hands /17/13/ 9 3bet

I go for 3bet because against two opp I won't like most flops.

I think cbetting is not an option.

I think I should minr on turn? We don't have to protect from anything so there's no point in shoving.

If we miss the value on the turn, should we bet 1/3 pot on the river to get at least some value?

I was so frustrated after this hand. So dissapointed how I played :f_o:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.40)
      Hero ($10)
      CO ($10.16)
      BTN ($16.16)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: 9:club:

fold, BTN raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1.60, fold, SB calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.60) 2:heart: 9:spade: 2:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($3.60) 2:heart: 9:spade: 2:spade: T:diamond:

SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

RIVER ($7.60) 2:heart: 9:spade: 2:spade: T:diamond: Q:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $6.40 (AI), SB folds

Hero shows 9:heart: 9:club:

Hero wins $7.10
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Preflop: Well, the problem with the 99 is that you might just start overplaying it when you have an overpair. Not many worse hands will Call you either and often rather higher PPs. So you main plan was to just gain fold equity? But you are getting really good odds for even set mining, why not to pick them then?

As played
      Postflop: Well, depends what kind of range do you expect the SB to have here? As he is rather tighter stats side player then he might even have some kind of overpairs on flop against which you can easily even bet. As played the turn is actually both way fine, he might even sometimes have something like AK which may hit and pay full stack.

Best Regards.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Preflop: Well, the problem with the 99 is that you might just start overplaying it when you have an overpair. Not many worse hands will Call you either and often rather higher PPs. So you main plan was to just gain fold equity? But you are getting really good odds for even set mining, why not to pick them then?
      Don't you think this is a good spot for squeeze? I mean if we only call there will be many flops we have to c/f. With 3 betting we in most cases play against only one player and if good flop comes we can take it right there. Sure there might be some overpair but they also could call us with AQ, AJ, KQ, even some speculative like JT or so. I think we see 4bet with TT+ so we fold preflop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Don't you think this is a good spot for squeeze? I mean if we only call there will be many flops we have to c/f. With 3 betting we in most cases play against only one player and if good flop comes we can take it right there. Sure there might be some overpair but they also could call us with AQ, AJ, KQ, even some speculative like JT or so. I think we see 4bet with TT+ so we fold preflop.

Well, I doubt that. Not on those stakes where you most likely will get paid very often if you do hit. :)