Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

CO: $5.27 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: 1.3, Hands: 91
      BTN: $5.12 - VPIP: 33, PFR: 33, 3B: NaN, AF: 0.3, Hands: 6
      SB: $4.77 - VPIP: 100, PFR: 50, 3B: 0, AF: Infinity, Hands: 2
      Hero (BB): $12.50 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 16, 3B: 5, AF: 4.7, Hands: 17551
      UTG: $4.97 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 2.0, Hands: 6
      MP: $5.71 - VPIP: 36, PFR: 33, 3B: 12, AF: 8.0, Hands: 55

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with A :club: T :club:
      UTG calls $0.05, 2 folds, BTN raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, Hero calls $0.15, UTG calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.80) J :heart: Q :club: 8 :heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets $0.20, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.60, UTG folds, BTN calls $0.40

Turn: ($2.00) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, BTN calls $1.30

River: ($4.60) T :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero ?
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      Preflop: Fold. Just fold it you won't hit many good boards and we're OOP.

Flop: You have only GS and even if you hit A you won't like it. Pure bluff is not a good idea on micro limits. You can't really expect to take it right away so you must have in mind to fire on turn and probably river, which is expensive. Also there are so many players in the hand you may get two callers and since you're OOP it will be very hard to continue with the hand.

Turn: You get FD but in eyes of your opp this is the safest card he could hope for. He's calling you like always. Pot becomes pretty big and he's playing with only 50bb so you can expect his shove on the river. I would just check here and hoping he checks back.

River: This card completed many draws but also 2 pair combos so you can't expect to see his fold. Check/fold is only option.

Be aware of opp stack size when you bet on the turn.

With this fold preflop you would avoid all this tough decisions.
    • HansTheGreat
      I mostly agree with yaxkukmian. You re reraise on the flop was to capitalizing the dead money because his cbet was quite weak but if you do decide for this play you have to reraise stronger because your giving him 4:1 on a call and whats more inportant he is IP. I here wouldnt go for a c/r simple because what hands can you really make fold here, 22? This is one of the most dangerous flops. So regarding the odds that are offered on a call I would just call(5:1 are nice odds to draw) and see what is going on If you decide to go further. Personally I would fold preflop and at least on the flop because I hate such flops being OOP. You re turn bet is pretty much just thrown away money because what do you wanna achieve. If you didn t make him fold with your reraise you wont do it know either.
    • veriz
      Hello GSG777,

Flop: Well, against those loose player I don't like that much the Check/Raise. It ain't gonna bring you much while the board is super-drawy, they ain't gonna fold any draw neither even weaker pairs. Plus obviously your Check/Raise amount wont make them fold neither.

As played
      Turn: Most likely rather 2nd barrel it than Check/Call it and while you wont even get the implied odds. Might still make even any kind of weaker pair/draw to fold. And he ain't playing with only 50BB, it's NL5 so 100BB. :)
      River: Standard Check/Fold, not much you can do. I doubt that you will even have much fold equity.

Best Regards.