[NL2-NL10] 2NL - KK, bad desk

• dadaas
      dadaas
      Bronze
      This is marked fish, regular fish. Plays 40/13/1/ Calls alot preflop and rarely folds. I have 300 hands with this guy.

I really doubt i can beat him at this situation with top pair. And i doubt he is so good to bluff here. Please tell me if i miss a value in this hand.PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (UTG): $5.39
      MP: $0.57
      CO: $4.88
      BTN: $3.68
      SB: $2.80
      BB: $2.58

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has K:heart: K:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.08, fold, CO calls $0.08, BTN calls $0.08, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.27, 3 players) 9:club: T:diamond: 3:spade:
      Hero bets $0.26, fold, BTN calls $0.26

Turn: ($0.79, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.53, Hero calls $0.53

River: ($1.85, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero bets $0.90, BTN raises to $2.81 and is all-in, fold
  • 4 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I would change turn play - bet $0,55. If he makes a move there we know he has something since calling stations are usually not aggresive. If he only calls he might still have 9x or some draw QJ, J8 or even backdoor FD.

On river I don't like your 1/2 bet. He's going broke with any T or 9, as you said he's a fish. We don't beat much so there's no point in "value betting" because this is not good spot to do it. I would c and hope he checks back. If he bets we must make a crying fold.
    • dadaas
      dadaas
      Bronze
      Yea i realize now that betting river is mistake. But i was afraid that he will for sure bet with any cards if i show so much weakness on turn and on river. It would be like i decided on the turn with my check that i give up and i have overpair.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadaas
      Yea i realize now that betting river is mistake. But i was afraid that he will for sure bet with any cards if i show so much weakness on turn and on river. It would be like i decided on the turn with my check that i give up and i have overpair.
      Yes but even if he has some PP he's probably not value betting them on this river and he just checks behind. How the board developed our hand is not so strong since we only have 1 overpair.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dadaas,

Don't like your line that much. Rather Bet/Fold the turn yourself and maybe even protect from draws than turn your into bluff-catcher and then even donk the river, what's the idea behind it?

Best Regards.