This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Facing cbet raise against very LAG OOP???

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Well in fact there I m not quite sure about this hand. He does raise my cbet but the problem is he did that in 40 hands 4 times out of 6. At that point it was his 2nd cbet that he faced and the second cbet MIN raise. I decide to call but I didnt like it because I was OOP and if an overcard comes on the turn or a diamond I would have to fold. I thought about taking the line 3bet/fold trying to convince him that I have a K because of my image(9/7) and capitalizing the money. But I kinda think I wouldn t sell him the story and if he calls I m in big trouble. I didn t feel good about showing either because I didn t wanna risk my whole buyin on such a weird hand. So I would love to have some commentary on this hand.

MP1= 52/17/ 6.0 on flop/ 67% raise c bet/vs missed cbet IP 50%

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $2.10
      MP1:
      $1.57
      MP2:
      $0.67
      MP3:
      $2.00
      CO:
      $3.09
      BU:
      $1.00
      SB:
      $1.91

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 9, 9.
      Hero raises to $0.06, MP1 calls $0.06, 6 folds, 5 folds, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.15) 6, 2, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.11, MP1 raises to $0.22, Hero calls $0.11.

Turn: ($0.59) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.58, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.59.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

I'd usually still raise with every hand 4x preflop. :) But as played when he is super aggressive it will be really hard for us to continue. He might easily even 2nd barrel the turn and there could be a lot of cards for him which he is going to 2nd barrel. So for that given reason I would really watch out and rather wait for a hand and then play back against him than play it OOP.

Best Regards.