[NL2-NL10] Facing cbet raise against very LAG OOP???

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Well in fact there I m not quite sure about this hand. He does raise my cbet but the problem is he did that in 40 hands 4 times out of 6. At that point it was his 2nd cbet that he faced and the second cbet MIN raise. I decide to call but I didnt like it because I was OOP and if an overcard comes on the turn or a diamond I would have to fold. I thought about taking the line 3bet/fold trying to convince him that I have a K because of my image(9/7) and capitalizing the money. But I kinda think I wouldn t sell him the story and if he calls I m in big trouble. I didn t feel good about showing either because I didn t wanna risk my whole buyin on such a weird hand. So I would love to have some commentary on this hand.

MP1= 52/17/ 6.0 on flop/ 67% raise c bet/vs missed cbet IP 50%

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $2.00
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $2.10
      MP1:
      $1.57
      MP2:
      $0.67
      MP3:
      $2.00
      CO:
      $3.09
      BU:
      $1.00
      SB:
      $1.91

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 9, 9.
      Hero raises to $0.06, MP1 calls $0.06, 6 folds, 5 folds, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.15) 6, 2, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.11, MP1 raises to $0.22, Hero calls $0.11.

Turn: ($0.59) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.58, Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.59.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

I'd usually still raise with every hand 4x preflop. :) But as played when he is super aggressive it will be really hard for us to continue. He might easily even 2nd barrel the turn and there could be a lot of cards for him which he is going to 2nd barrel. So for that given reason I would really watch out and rather wait for a hand and then play back against him than play it OOP.

Best Regards.