• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Hero:
      $8.25
      MP3:
      $12.72

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , 5:spade:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.45) A:spade: , J:spade: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0.45) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.22, MP3 calls $0.22.

River: ($0.89) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.66, MP3 raises to $1.32, Hero raises to $2.42, MP3 raises to $3.52, Hero raises to $7.83 (All-In), MP3 calls $4.31.

Final Pot: $16.55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows a flush, ace high (Ks 6s)
      Hero shows (Qs 5s)

MP3 wins with a flush, ace high (Ks 6s)

Not sure if this is classed as a cooler or not but should I have just called the 3-bet on the river and was going all in a fundamental error or was it an ok play?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Add to full stack if playing BSS.

Preflop: Well, I'd just fold the hand. Even vs a min-raise. You will way too often do mistakes here. You will most likely never know where you stand with your pair.

As played
      Postflop: I'd definitely bet it bigger on turn ~$0,40 even. But as played the river is really cruel. What kind of hands do you think he would ever raise there which didn't bet on flop neither on turn? It could easily even be towards trap. So therefore, if you even 3bet there then you should definitely at the best just Call his 4bet. I would most likely never go broke here while it's pretty much a freeplay pot and better flushes possible. And nope, it's not a cooler since he was always ahead you. :)

Best Regards.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Ok, thanks for the input. I didn't want to scare him off on the turn, obviously not knowin the full situation myself! I'll remember your advice but you never think you're behind in that spot the way the betting went but I suppose you can never be too sure unless you've got the nuts!

Thanks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Ghartman
      Ok, thanks for the input. I didn't want to scare him off on the turn, obviously not knowin the full situation myself! I'll remember your advice but you never think you're behind in that spot the way the betting went but I suppose you can never be too sure unless you've got the nuts!

Thanks
      Well, what do you think he is Checking behind the turn and just flatting on turn? And then raising on blank river?