This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] tough spot against relative unknown

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      villain unknown - one stats about him: c/c 623Q board and c-c blank river
      35 hands/ 51/ 14/ 38 wtsd/ 33 w$sd/ 40 fold to cbet

Yesterday I read turn play and today river play so here's the "homework" hand.

I can't get 3 streets of value so I decide to check behind turn to induce river bluff. When he shoves I was like "cmon man what the f are u doing"! My justification for calling him: he might have TT-QQ, or some busted :diamond: FD. How often does he have A or 6 here? His line is not logical but his range becomes very polarized when he shoves river.

If he bet 1/2 pot I would snap called him.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.34)
      BB ($24.22)
      UTG ($5.94)
      UTG+1 ($10.37)
      Hero ($20.25)
      BTN ($9.03)

Dealt to Hero K:club: K:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.15) 9:diamond: 3:diamond: 6:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.65, UTG+1 calls $1.65

TURN ($5.45) 9:diamond: 3:diamond: 6:heart: A:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($5.45) 9:diamond: 3:diamond: 6:heart: A:heart: 6:club:

UTG+1 bets $7.72 (AI), Hero calls $7.72
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Well, I doubt that he will come up with Ax that often. So it's towards the nuts or just a pure bluff. But the question is rather if he is even capable of bluffing here? What's his overall image? What kind of hand did he c/c there passively? Did you see the showdown? We can't remove 6x from his range anyways here, that's the problem and he might even have there 6x and obviously 33/99.

But of course sometimes even fishes play Ax hand as shove there, something like A:dX (overplaying TP).

Best Regards.