$1.90
      CO:
      $1.16
      BU:
      $5.20
      SB:
      $1.56

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 8.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.04, 6 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.1) 9, 7, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 checks.

Turn: ($0.1) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.07, UTG2 raises to $0.14, Hero raises to $0.52, UTG2 calls $0.38.

River: ($1.14) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.14, UTG2 calls $0.83(All-In).

Final Pot: $3.11.

I didn't want to donkbet because .. I generally don't like it. But should I donkbet in a situation like this? Other than that. How was the hand played?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Fonyman,

Just bet the flop yourself, I wouldn't really Check there. :) And it ain't a donk-bet if you are in a freeplay pot. But rather value from pairs/draws.

As played the turn well, really close and depending on the opponent but not even a 50BB stack I doubt that it's totally off here while he could as well even have Jx.

But to avoid exactly such spots you should just bet the flop yourself. :)

Best Regards.
    • Fonyman
      Fonyman
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz!
      Thank you for your time, I didn't know it's not a donkbet if it's a freeplay pot so I learned something new =) Suppose I didn't get there yet in the course.

Anyway, I'm having a really hard time understanding what you mean with this sentence:

As played the turn well, really close and depending on the opponent but not even a 50BB stack I doubt that it's totally off here while he could as well even have Jx.

Can you explain?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Fonyman
      Hi Veriz!
      Thank you for your time, I didn't know it's not a donkbet if it's a freeplay pot so I learned something new =) Suppose I didn't get there yet in the course.

Anyway, I'm having a really hard time understanding what you mean with this sentence:

Can you explain?
      What I meant is that he may sometimes even overplay his Jx there and vs 50BB stack it ain't wrong to go broke. Which is your plan with the 3bet. Against some opponent I might even just Call vs his min-raise and reevaluate it on river.