HM2 and postgreSQL

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi - laptop died last month and the only way of sorting it was getting rid of EVERYTHING on there and reinstalling all the stuff. upgraded to windows7 and all is dandy so im trying to get some programs going and i thought i would start with HEM/HM2

i did it all through pokerstrategy for the strategy points but i obviously lost the program when the laptop screwed up. i have just upgraded to HM2 through the site and everything and i have gone to install the software and it is saying: Sorry, could not install PostgreSQL

i understand how important PostgreSQL is but i have no idea how to get it going. can someone help me please. thanks.
  • 6 replies
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Please try to download and install Postgresql 8.4 from http://www.postgresql.org.
      If the standard installation doesn't work please try a different folder or partition like c:\postgresql or d:\postgresql.
      Postgresql has installation problems if your username contains special characters. If thats the case you need to use a different user with administrator rights for the installation.

And please make sure that the secondary logon service is running: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1102/Secondary+Logon+Service+Error

If its still not working please come back with a detailled description of your computer system and the security software you are using and which errors you get during the postgresql installation.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi thanks for the help i managed to get it working. im actually having another problem now and i'm wondering if you could shed some light on it. i set my HUD up and everything but it's not appearing on any of my tables. all im getting is (in the top right hand corner of all tables) settings v Default 2.0 HUD... then on the next line is says Waiting for hands...

thats all i get in the way of HUD and i went around all the HUD settings and all seems to be okay.. just not sure why it's not working. hopefully you can help.
      thanks.
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Which site and gametype are you playing?
      Is the hand import configured?

Are the hands being imported?
      Did you try the tablefinder in the sessions tab?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by netsrak
      Which site and gametype are you playing?
      Is the hand import configured?

Are the hands being imported?
      Did you try the tablefinder in the sessions tab?
      im mainly playing on partypoker but i also play on pokerstars and the same thing is happening there. the hand import is configured to both and the hands are actually being imported, although i think that it is not importing hands every time i load it up.. it seems to be random - i've played a bit today but it's saying my last session was yesterday.

when i click on the table finder tab it is empty, however at the bottom of the sessions screen it has the tables that i am playing at and the boxes are checked..
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      The problem may be the settings of the site import times under "hand importing".
      If they are way off the hud will not work.
      At the moment i use 5 for Party and 6 for Stars (i'm in CET time zone).
      And your Pokerclients must be installed in english language.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      ah thanks for that - HUD is now working!