FTP - treat our bankrolls like a bonus

• Pimprlas
      Pimprlas
      Bronze
      FTP should treat old bankrolls like some kind of bonus. For every dollar u rake u release from 30-50c to 5dollars (just shooting numbers - there are experts who would calculate this properly) depending on how ur bankroll is, and you can withdraw every dollar u clear this way. For example:

Roll ...............Clearing ratio

1-1k$............ 50c for every $ raked
      1k-10k.......... 1$ for every $ raked
      10k-100k...... 2$ for every $ raked

So if ur a grinder with a 2k roll and rake 2k a month u get ur roll cleared and ready to withdraw in a month.

And of course - you get amazing traffic right from the start with all those players grinding their asses off :)
  • 33 replies
    • idiopatic
      idiopatic
      Bronze
      what if i just want my money back without risking it?
    • Pimprlas
      Pimprlas
      Bronze
      I personally consider my 1,2k lost for a long time so I am grateful for any chance to get it back. And if u just want it back - really trying hard but no wise answer to that question comes to my mind...
    • cubinis
      cubinis
      Bronze
      Eureka!
    • arba1992
      arba1992
      Bronze
      Pay back our money. Dont need any bonus.
    • Pimprlas
      Pimprlas
      Bronze
      Very constructive indeed.
    • Pimprlas
      Pimprlas
      Bronze
      Come on people - whats your opinion? :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pimprlas
      It's illegal to do that. I would prefer having cashout amouns restricted to a smaller amount for a while than having to clear my own money. Although I would have no problem doing it, others might and it's not fair to make you work for the money you've already earned.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Originally posted by Pimprlas
      It's illegal to do that. I would prefer having cashout amouns restricted to a smaller amount for a while than having to clear my own money. Although I would have no problem doing it, others might and it's not fair to make you work for the money you've already earned.
      +1

Could not agree more, can't see that even being a possibility.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      It would be a great idea to create traffic at the site...

for 2 months.

If FTP pulled off some bullshit like that there would be outrage, acceptance and then everyone would leave after getting their money back through rake.

Would be really unforgivable to do such a thing.
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      I could see some caps in the beginning, and I can respect that 2bh.
    • dreamer14
      dreamer14
      Bronze
      i was thinking about same thing few days ago...like 1$ for 1$ unless you don;t have more there than 10k$ or something..
      but i like it, cuz it's better than nothing and better than some penalty etc...
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      If what op said was the case then the buyers are pretty much freerolling into this, they want help from DOJ to payback US players, they have all non us players to cashout after released "bonus" and they pay the DOJ fine in increaments after revenue.
    • JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      In order for your idea to work a little better there would have to be a better incentive for the players to actually work for their money.

You can't put it at an exact flat rate, because this would just anger the players. It's their money why would they pay it to the site in turnover just to be able to withdraw and not get anything extra?

Your idea is nice in theory - why not add a 5-10% bonus on top? So that players in fact receive more than their initial balance if they clear it as you mention. So if someone had $1000, they would get $1100 if they agree to play. This would in turn get players started at a small cost, and would most likely be enough for them to consider playing there fulltime again if they like the current player pool and software.

Paying $100 for a regular to start playing at your site is a low CPA cost and a profitable investment any poker site would make if they had cash in hand.

Naysayers?
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      If the investor dont have enough money to pay the players, just be honest and say frankly "we have to pay you a limited amount for a while" and they will either silent or thank you by promoting your site to help you pay them.

Do any others marketing trick (like this one) and people will either silent or muttering at any single poker forum and you will get free bad promotion.
    • Pimprlas
      Pimprlas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohanRember
      In order for your idea to work a little better there would have to be a better incentive for the players to actually work for their money.

You can't put it at an exact flat rate, because this would just anger the players. It's their money why would they pay it to the site in turnover just to be able to withdraw and not get anything extra?

Your idea is nice in theory - why not add a 5-10% bonus on top? So that players in fact receive more than their initial balance if they clear it as you mention. So if someone had $1000, they would get $1100 if they agree to play. This would in turn get players started at a small cost, and would most likely be enough for them to consider playing there fulltime again if they like the current player pool and software.

Paying $100 for a regular to start playing at your site is a low CPA cost and a profitable investment any poker site would make if they had cash in hand.

Naysayers?
      27% rakeback (would be nice if they raised it to 35% for example) is a good incentive imo. I respect the opinions saying: "Why do I have to work for money which I already earned" I just think its better to have to work for it for a month or two than to never see it again :)
    • noisecore
      noisecore
      Bronze
      Doing something like that is completely illegal

Like what kind of stupid concept is that... Making people to pay for their own money?

It's like i'd loan you 1€ but to get it back I must pay you 5€

U see how ridiculous it actually sounds?

With all due respect but I really had to try my best not to post the triple facepalm.
    • Hagbard00
      Hagbard00
      Bronze
      Originally posted by noisecore
      Doing something like that is completely illegal

Like what kind of stupid concept is that... Making people to pay for their own money?

It's like i'd loan you 1€ but to get it back I must pay you 5€

U see how ridiculous it actually sounds?

With all due respect but I really had to try my best not to post the triple facepalm.
      +1

Also, a lot of players had majority of their's bankroll on FTP. Now how are they suppose to clear that "bonus" if they have no capital?!
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      They should make 50% flat rakeback and that would destroy every single site, even stars..but the decision is not in ur hands..
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Originally posted by OZSA
      They should make 50% flat rakeback and that would destroy every single site, even stars..but the decision is not in ur hands..
      Um, don't you think the other sites would just increase their r/b in turn?

Also, a lot of players had majority of their's bankroll on FTP. Now how are they suppose to clear that "bonus" if they have no capital?!

The original suggestion allows players to use funds in their FT BR to play poker on FTP, as I understand it.