[NL2-NL10] NL10 KQo

• Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hi!

BB was an unknown, due to his stacksize, he could be a fish, but that was the first hand with him. I have a lot of trouble with this donks. I mean, that I would have played f: b/f t b/f if he checked to me, but I have no clue what his range could be here.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.77)
      BB ($6.81)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG+1 ($10.58)
      CO ($2.15)
      BTN ($4.34)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: K:heart:

Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.35, fold, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.10) 2:spade: 3:heart: Q:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.82, BTN folds, BB calls $0.82

TURN ($2.74) 2:spade: 3:heart: Q:spade: T:diamond:

BB bets $1.37, Hero ???
  • 12 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Echoes88
      ...I have no clue what his range could be here.
      Most of the time it's some showdown value hand that tries to control the pot size, like blocking your 2/3 pot bet with his 1/2 pot bet. Some of the times you'll see QT or sets but most likely it's FD, weak Qx, Tx, other middle pocket pair or a random bluff from someone clicking random buttons.

Calling should be OK if you think it induces river bets from more hands that call your raise. In other words, your call would widen his river bet or c/c range a lot so that it includes hands that otherwise fold to a turn raise, like 66.

Personally, I would just shove for value vs this type of opponent and stack like 75% of his showdown value hands while being way ahead.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Echoes88,

Well, it's really dumb situation. His range may easily even consist of 2pairs now. :( So I might even not isolate myself against better hands and go for pot control, which means I'd Call and reevaluate it on river for the given odds. He ain't shipping the river anyways with a lot worse.

Best Regards.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      His range may easily even consist of 2pairs
      If you're talking about QT, those are 5 combos now. There are more combos of hands like Txs that play the same way and it's a great spot for us to get value.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      If you're talking about QT, those are 4 combos now. There are more combos of hands like Txs that play the same way and it's a great spot for us to get value.
      And you are telling me what? What's the question? 2pair combos may easily be even according his stack size who might play VPIP of 60+ Q2s/Q3s.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If you're talking about QT, those are 4 combos now. There are more combos of hands like Txs that play the same way and it's a great spot for us to get value.
      And you are telling me what? What's the question? 2pair combos may easily be even according his stack size who might play VPIP of 60+ Q2s/Q3s.
      Those were in his range already on the flop. The turn card only adds QT to his 2 pair combos while adding a bunch of Tx with or without FDs.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Those were in his range already on the flop. The turn card only adds QT to his 2 pair combos while adding a bunch of Tx with or without FDs.

Still, what's your question?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze

No question, just pointing out your argument is invalid.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Argument is invalid that his range may consist of 2pairs?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze

Argument is invalid that his range may consist of 2pairs?
      No, argument that only turn made his range consist of 2 pair. You said that on turn his range consists of 2pair now.

His range may easily even consist of 2pairs now.

Which is wrong. His range had 2pair on the flop too. He only had them because his range is super wide pre anyway. Which means our hand is close to the nuts vs a fish's range of sets, 2pair, Qx, midpairs, FDs and air.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, then go again back what I wrote and read again and again the sentence and you will find this:

• EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Well, then go again back what I wrote and read again and again the sentence and you will find this:

His range may consist of 2 pair on flop as well, not just now. Yet we still bet on the flop. Why? Because he will deffo call worse. When he donks I already said he does have QT added to his range but he also has Tx. But since he donked the turn he is more likely to have a weak showdown value hand like a weak Qx, Tx that floated flop or midpair, apart from the obvious FD, seldom straight draw. Against that whole range we get value now by raising, actually shoving becaue he's not full stacked anyway so any raise is commiting for us.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But since he donked the turn he is more likely to have a weak showdown value hand like a weak Qx, Tx that floated flop or midpair, apart from the obvious FD, seldom straight draw. Against that whole range we get value now by raising, actually shoving becaue he's not full stacked anyway so any raise is commiting for us.

Well, how can you say that he only has weak hands there? He may as well even have better Qx there which is trying to avoid you Checking behind. He may as well induce you to raise with smaller bet meanwhile as well avoids you Checking behind. Do you think he would shove river with Tx? A lot weaker Qx? Midpairs?