• Urbanen
      Urbanen
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position
      UTG2
      MP3

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , 6:heart:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.35) Q:diamond: , 6:club: , 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 checks, MP3 bets $0.35, Hero raises to $1.40, UTG2 calls $1.40, MP3 calls $1.05.

Turn: ($4.55) 5:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG2 raises $1.4 (All-In), MP3 calls $1.40, Hero calls $1.40.

River: ($8.75) T:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.9, Hero raises to $0.95 (All-In), MP3 calls $0.05.

Final Pot: $10.65

Here I felt id luckily picked up 2 pair from the BB so with two clubs out I put pressure on the flop to gain information about the hands I was facing. I believe I gained the info that would suggest I was already beaten however I then picked up a flush draw on the Turn and believe this was where I made the biggest mistake.

And a second hand;

Known players:
      Position
      SB

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.70) J:heart: , 8:spade: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.70) K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.35, SB calls $0.35.

River: ($1.40) 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.4, SB calls $1.40.

Final Pot: $4.20

Here I flopped a full house and felt a bet on the flop could make my opponent fol. Id like to know if there was any way I played this wrong by checking the flop? Anyway I've only picked these two hands as I know how I feel about them, but believe im wrong in how I played them so id like to see how.

Also Elephant shows my stats, under the beginner tab, as;

Pre-Flop: VP$IP = 8 (Very Tight)
      Pre-Flop Raise = 7 (Passive)
      Post-Flop Aggression = 3 (Aggressive)
      Showdown = 30 (Very Often)

Any further info needed please let me know :D
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Urbanen,

Welcome to the SSS/MSS forum.

Next time try to add hero's stack size to the hands you post, so I can see wether you play SSS or MSS and based on that see what the optimal action would be.

First hand:

You have top 2-pair and should just bet out yourself for value. Although the board is not too draw heavy there is still a chance you give a free card to a FD/SD by checking.

As played, the turn card is not the best because it completes a FD and could give some more outs to a SD, but still you have to shove turn for value since you likely have the best hand and you don't want to see another :club: on the turn or a 7 or 2.

Second hand:

Checking flop is perfectly fine in this case as villain has basically no chances on sucking out on you and he is very unlikely to have hit anything with you holding 2 jacks.

On the turn, however, you have to start betting because if he doesn't bluff turn he will unlikely bluff river and you need value otherwise your full house is just a waste. So, bet 2/3 pot size on the turn to build up the pot because he either has a piece of this board or doesn't. On the river, you can fire another 2/3 potsize as I think full potsize might be a bit too strong, but if you think he can call bigger bets then go for a bigger bet.

Best regards,
      burek2000