Hero checks, UTG bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

RIVER ($4.30) K:club: J:heart: K:spade: J:club: T:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Would played the same way. He sometimes have bluff, sometimes Jx that you can call him down.
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Do we really want to lead this flop in limped pot ? I can see many Jx better than ours even Kx.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Sure he can have there better Jx or Kx, although since he limped utg and his stats are 24/10 I think his range generally are some kind of low pp-s, than Kx or better Jx hands.
      Also he may hold there some kind of Ax hands.

Leading is good, since we likely have the best hand and we should protect against QT, AT, even T9+ we likely don´t c/c him down is he bet flop and turn
      I´+d only would lead there 0.6$ to keep also in his worse hands.
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      That was multiway, Do you really think 3 players dont have Kx/Jx hands better than you ? And you have to cx/c Turn to pot control because I cannot see us buil big pot being OOP for 3 streets.

PS : I wonder what Veriz would say here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      They all limped pf, so I think you can rule out:
      AK, AA, KK, QQ, JJ
      Most players would either isolate or open raise with KQ, AJ
      So that leaves: KJ, KT, maybe K9s hands that beat us (unless player limping range on the co or bu is really wide and QJ, JT
      Imo BU limping range is very wide and it is also a lot of Axs hands, suited connectors, pp-s; same likely co and UTG would mostly also limp with small pp-s, than QJs, KTs
      Consider all that I think we´re 50% ahead to b/f that spot and then play on the turn (that we can also c/f, if there are for example 2 callers or we know that player is tight passive and only would bet turn with better hands).
      Don´t say that we should pot it, but by betting 0.5-0.6$ we´re risking a little more than half the times to take down pot, where we might easily have the best hand.
      Knowing veriz he´d likely suggest c/f that spot, but if our leading range there is only Kx, then it is very easy to play against us. And since I´d also lead with QT I´m fine also leading with Jx and then evaluate on the turn.
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Personally I would raise person which lead this flop in multiway and high% of time take down flop. I guess cx/r is not a good option because we turning out hand in bluff right ?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If they limped I think they would likely not going to fold there QT or AJ against flop c/r, so you end up building big pot oop on limped pot that I really don´t like. If you want to go pot control you can always c/c.
      I personally don´t like raising there with air and I would not really get there too often, since most of the times I´d isolate myself or if I limp smt like 22 for set value I don´t see reason raising there as bluff since players would also lead with Kx that they would never fold.