redhandluke

• redhandluke
      redhandluke
      Bronze
      Hi all, i'm yrs old and am from northern ireland.
      i started playing poker about 4 yrs ago. my typical game is NL 10/20 6 ring games. i do occassionaly play tourneys. my biggest win to date in a torney is $2200 which helpt me pay off my debt that i had inherited from poker but still left me with some of the winings. that was early in my poker career and not long after that the winings that i had left were gone to. i relised that i need to learn the game to give me an edge or have to give it up. so i read alot of books and thankfully things started to turn around. i have never joined a poker forum before or a site like this but as i am always trying to improve my game and believe that you have to study aswel as play poker i thought why not give it a go.
      Homework.

1: What is your motivation for playing poker

its something i really enjoy wheather playing it, talking about it, reading about or watching it and if i can make a bit of money doing something i enjoy then HAPPY DAYS!!!

2: What are your weakness when playing poker:

Handing reading against opponents, letting go of high PP's when u raise big preflop get 1 caller and they hit there miracle card or cards

3: What does it mean to play tight agressive:

to play tight aggresive means to only play certain preflop cards, usually top 5-10% and to bet haevy or overbet when ur pretty sure you have the best hand in order not to get a suck out.
  • 3 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi redhandluke,

welcome to our beginner's course! i am sure our most patient coach will be along shortly to address your homework, but i just wanted to wish you best of luck in your journey!

also, how are you doing on the quiz for the starting capital? i noticed you are still Basic Status. Let us know if you need help.

smiles,
      wendy
    • redhandluke
      redhandluke
      Bronze
      Hi wendy,
      Cheers, for the goodluck.
      yip have done the starting capital quiz and passed it. need to the send the ID through but will prob be a bit of a problem for me as me and computers arent very friendly together. dont really know how to scan, take pictures and put them on computer. im a bit of old school, pen paper post etc. all i really know what to do with computers is fold, raise or check. should see the problems i have trying to find my way round this site.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

What about the tilt? Do you adjust somehow against tilt? Do you understand the triggers what make you tilt?

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Some points earned.