This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AA laydown on flop

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($14.40)
      BB ($10.95)
      Hero ($18.46)
      CO ($3.80)
      BTN ($10.17)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:heart:

Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

FLOP ($2) 6:diamond: 5:heart: 7:spade:

SB checks, BB bets $2, Hero calls $2, CO folds, BTN raises to $9.77 (AI), SB folds, BB calls $7.77, Hero folds

BB: 32/16/1.5 449 hands

BTN: 43/36 15 hands (but probably in game I didn't have even those 15 hands)

I don't raise initialy vs BB bet, because its multiway pot, better to leave space to laydown. From so many opponents, they might easily have set or something that beats me. I beat 7x and overpairs, but thats not much, because QQ+ or even TT+ might have raised preflop, so I might beat only few hands compared to whats posible from so many opponents.

This was not an easy decition to fold, but it might turn out that its easy fold.
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

I'd say pretty standard. No way I am going for a suicide raise here. :D There are too many sets/2pairs/straights possible already. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I'd say pretty standard. No way I am going for a suicide raise here.

but its so dificult to lay down for me, I probably 'get married' to aces. And sometimes I fold them too easily, e.g. when I am most likley ahead. But at least this time I did ok.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I'd say pretty standard. No way I am going for a suicide raise here.

but its so dificult to lay down for me, I probably 'get married' to aces. And sometimes I fold them too easily, e.g. when I am most likley ahead. But at least this time I did ok.
      Well, ask yourself an easy question. What you beat in such a multiway pot? How often you even gonna see any weaker hand here in this spot. This is maybe going to happen sometimes but rather very rarely.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      yeah, I tried to think like that. But its some strange thing. Most players, at least weak ones are going broke there. Its like instinct or something like that. You have aces - you want to go allin.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      yeah, I tried to think like that. But its some strange thing. Most players, at least weak ones are going broke there. Its like instinct or something like that. You have aces - you want to go allin.
      True, but at least you folded, didn't you? :)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      True, but at least you folded, didn't you?

luckily I did it :) and not lost, because one of them had two pair