[NL2-NL10] NL10 AA weird preflop spot

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      There s 24BB open shove and a call. Is it best to just shove here to make it look like a resteal with AK? How should I size it if i'm going to 3bet it small instead?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $18.89
      MP3:
      $2.39
      BU:
      $10.45

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , A:club:
      MP3 raises to $2.39 (All-In), CO folds, BU calls $2.39, SB folds, Hero raises to $10.00, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Flop: ($7.22) J:spade: , T:club: , 4:diamond:
      Turn: ($7.22) 8:diamond:
      River: ($7.22) Q:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.22

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (7h 7s)
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ah Ac)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ah Ac)
  • 2 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Meemawuk,

This thread belongs in the hand evaluation forums too so I will move it there now.

smiles,
      wendy

PS regarding the hand-
      shoving is fine i think. it would be really awkward to put more than half your stack in there with a 3 bet, you would have to shove any flop in that case.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Well, I doubt that your play is totally off here. BU line already is pretty strong by flatting. Wont change much anyways postflop. :) But as well one option would be as well to flat and let BU maybe even to bet. :P But usually he wont bet anyways without having a made hand but which most likely might still be towards even feeling kinda committed.

For example if I would be first to act vs the shove, I'd flat. :) Rather than shove.

Best Regards.