This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 A3s

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I get 3-bet by the button but I feel like a get a decent price to call especially with the big stack in the hand. Probably a fold when OOP vs another big stack

I think I often dont have the best hand on the turn and that BU has 3-bet/give up with AK/AJ/AT etc. I suppose the turn isnt the best card for me to rep and it hits the Buttons range pretty well. I dont have terrible equity here though.

River is great for me so I bet thinking he cant fold Qx here and might call with some pocket pairs that decide to take a pot control line on the flop.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5.36
      Hero:
      $17.94
      BU:
      $33.6

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , 3:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, BU raises to $1.10, SB folds, BB calls $1.00, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($3.35) 6:spade: , 5:club: , 4:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($3.35) Q:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2, BU calls $2.00, BB folds.

River: ($7.35) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.35
  • 2 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Meemawuk,

This thread belongs in the hand evaluation forums too so I will move it there now.

smiles,
      wendy

PS regarding the hand-
      i would fold preflop.
      what do you think is button's range for 3 betting? we are often behind nicer aces and also most pocket pairs. also we have to play OOP which makes it worse. not a profitable play in the long run in my opinion. being deep makes it worse. but i'd wait for the hand judge's opinion :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: Nah, not with the hand what's way too often dominated. Rather just fold. What you gonna do if you hit your Ace? :D I mean you Calling the flop? Then folding on river where you kinda committed?

As played
      Postflop: Well, I might even be towards Checking behind there while the turn card still hits BU 3bet range. Obviously he may as well even Call there with just a FD. But as played the river is value-bet. :)

Best Regards.