[NL2-NL10] NL10 A3s

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I get 3-bet by the button but I feel like a get a decent price to call especially with the big stack in the hand. Probably a fold when OOP vs another big stack

I think I often dont have the best hand on the turn and that BU has 3-bet/give up with AK/AJ/AT etc. I suppose the turn isnt the best card for me to rep and it hits the Buttons range pretty well. I dont have terrible equity here though.

River is great for me so I bet thinking he cant fold Qx here and might call with some pocket pairs that decide to take a pot control line on the flop.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5.36
      Hero:
      $17.94
      BU:
      $33.6

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , 3:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, BU raises to $1.10, SB folds, BB calls $1.00, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($3.35) 6:spade: , 5:club: , 4:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($3.35) Q:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2, BU calls $2.00, BB folds.

River: ($7.35) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.35
  • 2 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Meemawuk,

This thread belongs in the hand evaluation forums too so I will move it there now.

smiles,
      wendy

PS regarding the hand-
      i would fold preflop.
      what do you think is button's range for 3 betting? we are often behind nicer aces and also most pocket pairs. also we have to play OOP which makes it worse. not a profitable play in the long run in my opinion. being deep makes it worse. but i'd wait for the hand judge's opinion :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: Nah, not with the hand what's way too often dominated. Rather just fold. What you gonna do if you hit your Ace? :D I mean you Calling the flop? Then folding on river where you kinda committed?

As played
      Postflop: Well, I might even be towards Checking behind there while the turn card still hits BU 3bet range. Obviously he may as well even Call there with just a FD. But as played the river is value-bet. :)

Best Regards.