[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJ TPTKvs minraise

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      This seems to happen to me a lot. Is my line okay?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $14.6
      BU:
      $10.06

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , J:spade:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, BU calls $0.30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) J:diamond: , 3:heart: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.54, BU raises to $1.08, Hero calls $0.54.

Turn: ($2.91) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($2.91) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.7, Hero calls $1.70.

Final Pot: $6.31

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (As Js)
      BU shows (Kc Jc)

Hero wins with a pair of jacks (As Js)
  • 4 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Meemawuk,

This thread belongs in the hand evaluation forums too so I will move it there now.

smiles,
      wendy

PS regarding the hand-
      it looks fine to me. i don't know why (is there some strategy out there advocating this???, but i've also noticed a lot of this min-raising craze around. the flop is pretty dry, either he has hit his set with 33 and 44, or he has a flush draw if he's the aggro type, (or worse jacks i guess). turn and river dont change anything. i would play the same.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Well, after the guy did Check behind on the turn then most likely he either took pot control or was just on a draw. Do you expect him be capable of bluffing the river with missed draws? Or rather not. If we don't expect then I'd just bet myself while we might even get value from worse PPs/pairs.

Usually I am not folding either against just a min-raise while he could do that with Jx/draws.

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      hi Meemawuk,

This thread belongs in the hand evaluation forums too so I will move it there now.

smiles,
      wendy

PS regarding the hand-
      it looks fine to me. i don't know why (is there some strategy out there advocating this???, but i've also noticed a lot of this min-raising craze around. the flop is pretty dry, either he has hit his set with 33 and 44, or he has a flush draw if he's the aggro type, (or worse jacks i guess). turn and river dont change anything. i would play the same.
      There's a whole thread on 2p2 about flop min raising being the nuts so unsure
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      i know what you mean though. i found that check/minraise flop- then bet turn is usually a nutty line.
      not the case here when he checks turn.