[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Qq

• Meemawuk
      CO is pretty tight and BU isnt the most loose player either so I decide to just flat here with QQ. I dont like it but I really hate to 4-bet here too. Folding seems too weak.

Flop is close I suppose. I cant beat AA/AK/KK. I decide to call one street and intend to give up on any other aggression. Somehow he shows down the only hand I can beat. How can I not get myself in this spot?

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU raises to $1.10, Hero calls $1.05, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.60) K:spade: , T:club: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.7, Hero calls $1.70.

Turn: ($6.00) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($6.00) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $6.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows (Jh Jd)
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qd Qc)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Qd Qc)
  • 2 replies
    • purplefizz
      hi Meemawuk,

This thread belongs in the hand evaluation forums too so I will move it there now. :) You are giving me a lot of work today! :D

PS the only way to avoid that spot is to either 4bet or fold it. depends how tight the 3betting range of BU is. QQ is really tough because i think it is right there in borderline of decision-making.
      just wanted to share this and it may be something you can keep in mind for the future:
      against a range of AA, KK, AK, your Queens have a 40% chance of winning.
      if you include JJ in there, it is almost a flip with 47% chance.

hope that helps!
    • veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: If you really expect him even to 3bet light there then I don't think your play is bad. I mean what we gonna achieve with the 4bet? We are just gonna represent a very strong hand most likely unless we have some dynamic with them.
      Postflop: Well, it's really important to know the opponents 3bet range. If he also has something like even AJ+ here or even worse then most likely flatting once ain't wrong. The board didn't hit all his range, just some part. If he has rather tighter 3bet range then it's towards Check/Fold even. :(

Best Regards.