[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH 34s

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I decide to call thnking that MP2 also will never fold and i'm getting a decent price. I decide to donk flop and bet turn. Line okay?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.94
      MP2:
      $11.02
      BU:
      $9.75

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4:heart: , 3:heart:
      MP2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, BU raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.00) K:club: , 4:spade: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.71, MP2 calls $0.71, BU folds.

Turn: ($2.42) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.73, MP2 calls $1.73.

River: ($5.88) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $5.88

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (5h 5d)
      Hero shows two-pair, fours and threes (4h 3h)

Hero wins with two-pair, fours and threes (4h 3h)
  • 6 replies
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      Why not to value bet river?>
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Hi there Meemawuk,

This thread was created in the Discussion Forums, but it should rightfully belong in the hand evaluation forums. (you will see it as a subforum above). I will move it there now. Just want to flag that so you will create it in the proper section next time and so that our awesome hand judges can see it and comment on it :)

Also it helps if you take a look at our hand evaluation rules.

These rules help our hand evaluation forum run more smoothly. Thanks so much for your cooperation. If you have any questions, dont hesitate to let me know ;)

smiles,
      wendy

ps my 2 cents on your hand:
      i'm not really sure about the preflop call. 34s is gonna be impossible to play. majority of the time, 3 overcards are gonna flop. if BU is a reg who is obviously isolating the fish, maybe a bluff 4bet is better.

however, after the flop, i kinda like your play. donk on flop is a must, as well as bet on turn. check on the river is fine as well. i think plenty of FD's are in the range of a villain calling your 2nd barrel. another option is to bet/fold if you think Kx or less can call you (but fold if he shoves because he is repping only the made flush then, also he is quite passive so far).
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: Well, against those fishes it's of course considerable but I wouldn't really do with 43s while it's so low connector and at the same time you are OOP. :(

As played
      Postflop: Well, we could argue about bet sizes while they are loose. :) Most likely vs loose player I'd also bet it bigger but most likely I'd play the same way on the streets. River even completed the flush so I doubt he would even bet with Kx.

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Sorry about the spam!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      Sorry about the spam!
      Fizzy was full of work. :(
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      Sorry about the spam!
      Fizzy was full of work. :(
      haha i did go a little nuts, but it's all good now! :D
      it is good that you are using our eval forums. they will make you a better player. :)
      just mind where you put them or i will go totally nuts! haha. just kdding :)