This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10SH JJ fold high pair after raise

• Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Well that hand happen today and i was thinking and thinking...i didnt have any reads since my opponent played only 7 hands so far.

Well one option was to shove....but is there any worse hand that could pay me...was there enough fold equity??

the other option is to call....but what then?? i check he shove...and i have the same situation as before + zero fold equity....so i thought that call doesn't make any sense here

And then i found maybe the easiest way possible here....just fold. I didnt invest a lot so i saw this option as the best one and the easiest one...why to complicate our life?:) )

Was my thinking and decision correct??

Thanks judges!!!! U make my play better every day!!!!!!!!

Hero (UTG): $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $11.02 (110.2 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      BTN: $10.07 (100.7 bb)
      SB: $7.12 (71.2 bb)
      BB: $10.46 (104.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J J
      Hero raises to $0.40, MP calls $0.40, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 5 7 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.72, MP raises to $2.70, Hero folds

Results: $2.39 pot ($0.11 rake)
      Final Board: 5 7 4
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$1.12 net)
      MP mucked and won $2.28 ($1.16 net)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alan883,

About your line I do actually like it! It's really horrible board for out hand, at the best we might against something like 76 but at the same time could be against a lot sets here which are in his calling range. So I'd play most likely the same way.

Also of course you are welcome to the evaluations. :) Glad to help you out. Hopefully we will find even more leaks in your play.

Best Regards.