• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Hero:
      $5.52
      BU:
      $4.63

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , J:spade:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.12, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.36, BU raises to $1.08, Hero calls $0.72.

Flop: ($2.18) 7:heart: , 6:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.09, Hero raises to $2.99, BU raises to $3.55 (All-In), Hero calls $0.56.

Turn: ($9.28) 2:heart:
      River: ($9.28) 5:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.28

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows (Ad 9h)
      Hero shows two-pair, jacks and deuces (Jh Js)

Hero wins with two-pair, jacks and deuces (Jh Js)

What I've learnt from these hand analysis sessions is increasing my bet sizes. I was pricing people in before. I wanted to peel a flop first before making a stack decision with this hand. Let me know if this was played correctly.

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Not sure why your calling the 4 bet, what would you have done if the flop came A or K high?
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antstruk
      Not sure why your calling the 4 bet, what would you have done if the flop came A or K high?
      Erm...folded. That's why I just called.
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      No you didnt fold you called.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antstruk
      No you didnt fold you called.
      You asked what I would do if an ace or king came on the flop and I'm saying I would have folded. Which is why I called the 4-bet pre-flop rather than doing anything hasty....
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Preflop: Well, I don't really like. a) You are OOP ; b) You ain't gonna get value from AK type of hands if he doesn't hit most likely unless he is a spew-monkey. For that given part we should decide right preflop what we gonna do, either we ship it or just fold if he is rather nitty player.

As played
      Postflop: Just Check/Shove directly and rather not leave some cents behind.

Best Regards.