DoN SnG

• KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Are these games profitable? I don't like playing them because your not really getting value for your money. Low buy ins are $1+0.20 so really your only making an 80c profit and isn't that considered -EV seeing as your investing 1.20 to win 80c with a 50% chance of finish ITM.

Any thoughts?
  • 6 replies
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      where do u play?

In order to make profitable on DON, u need to play a lot of tables + good ROI.

Anyway, DON also the most easier to win micro $$$
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Hi,

You should definetly avoid 20% rake!
      On most sites only the smallest limit sng's have 20% rake but after that ($2, $3) it's 15 or even only 10%.
      Some sites have huge rake on all levels like on iPoker network with 20-40% which is a nightmare for sng players.

DoN's can be just as profitable as any type of sng imo. But I believe if you're a good player in shorthanded and HU situations than you can be more successful on normal sng's. And tbh I personally find DoN's boring, but that's just me.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      I play at Poker770 (so part of the iPoker network) with the starting bankroll limitations atm so only 1 dollar games.

I want to move to PKR though hearing that the games are really soft. Hows the rake there if they do have DoN's?

I agree that DoN's are boring. I feel like they're really poor at teaching you how to play good poker.
    • SryImNoob
      SryImNoob
      Bronze
      on ipoker turbo DoN have 20% rake, superturbo DoN is 10%
      just saying :f_biggrin:
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tarhonya
      Hi,

You should definetly avoid 20% rake!
      On most sites only the smallest limit sng's have 20% rake but after that ($2, $3) it's 15 or even only 10%.
      Some sites have huge rake on all levels like on iPoker network with 20-40% which is a nightmare for sng players.

DoN's can be just as profitable as any type of sng imo. But I believe if you're a good player in shorthanded and HU situations than you can be more successful on normal sng's. And tbh I personally find DoN's boring, but that's just me.
      :f_mad:
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SryImNoob
      on ipoker turbo DoN have 20% rake, superturbo DoN is 10%
      just saying :f_biggrin:
      Yep, you're right, I'm sorry.
      Altough let me explain why I wouldn't recommend ipoker for sng players (or at least for DoN players). I think 10% for super turbos is way to much considering the 1 minute blind increases which makes it pretty much a crapshoot.
      The "regular" turbos have 4 minutes blind increase which have generally 10% rake, except for $1 where it's 20%.
      And there are no non-turbos...:s_o:

On the other hand on Ongame network the rake is 10% from $3 and the non turbos have 8 minutes blind levels.

So I think playing DoN's with slower blind increases can get you a nicer ROI because you'll generally have more edge on your opponents and you'll burn less of your roll with the rake.