This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

DoN SnG

• KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Are these games profitable? I don't like playing them because your not really getting value for your money. Low buy ins are $1+0.20 so really your only making an 80c profit and isn't that considered -EV seeing as your investing 1.20 to win 80c with a 50% chance of finish ITM.

Any thoughts?
  • 6 replies
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      where do u play?

In order to make profitable on DON, u need to play a lot of tables + good ROI.

Anyway, DON also the most easier to win micro $$$
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Hi,

You should definetly avoid 20% rake!
      On most sites only the smallest limit sng's have 20% rake but after that ($2, $3) it's 15 or even only 10%.
      Some sites have huge rake on all levels like on iPoker network with 20-40% which is a nightmare for sng players.

DoN's can be just as profitable as any type of sng imo. But I believe if you're a good player in shorthanded and HU situations than you can be more successful on normal sng's. And tbh I personally find DoN's boring, but that's just me.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      I play at Poker770 (so part of the iPoker network) with the starting bankroll limitations atm so only 1 dollar games.

I want to move to PKR though hearing that the games are really soft. Hows the rake there if they do have DoN's?

I agree that DoN's are boring. I feel like they're really poor at teaching you how to play good poker.
    • SryImNoob
      SryImNoob
      Bronze
      on ipoker turbo DoN have 20% rake, superturbo DoN is 10%
      just saying :f_biggrin:
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tarhonya
      Hi,

You should definetly avoid 20% rake!
      On most sites only the smallest limit sng's have 20% rake but after that ($2, $3) it's 15 or even only 10%.
      Some sites have huge rake on all levels like on iPoker network with 20-40% which is a nightmare for sng players.

DoN's can be just as profitable as any type of sng imo. But I believe if you're a good player in shorthanded and HU situations than you can be more successful on normal sng's. And tbh I personally find DoN's boring, but that's just me.
      :f_mad:
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SryImNoob
      on ipoker turbo DoN have 20% rake, superturbo DoN is 10%
      just saying :f_biggrin:
      Yep, you're right, I'm sorry.
      Altough let me explain why I wouldn't recommend ipoker for sng players (or at least for DoN players). I think 10% for super turbos is way to much considering the 1 minute blind increases which makes it pretty much a crapshoot.
      The "regular" turbos have 4 minutes blind increase which have generally 10% rake, except for $1 where it's 20%.
      And there are no non-turbos...:s_o:

On the other hand on Ongame network the rake is 10% from $3 and the non turbos have 8 minutes blind levels.

So I think playing DoN's with slower blind increases can get you a nicer ROI because you'll generally have more edge on your opponents and you'll burn less of your roll with the rake.