[NL2-NL10] NL25 AK push on flop ok?

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:spade: , A:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.50, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 7 folds, UTG calls $1.00.

Taking the minbet as caller I bet always being a bit concerned about minbets from UTG

Flop: ($3.35) J:spade: , J:heart: , T:club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $2, Hero raises to $3.15 (All-In), UTG calls $1.15.

here I thought "why not pushed before preflop" was tending to fold, but being pot commited i decided to push, sawing weird hands on this table which was quite loose. analyzing this as not my hand I would suggest a fold, but I was in it and it was a kind of belly decision. Yr comments?

Turn: ($9.65) J:diamond:
      River: ($9.65) 9:club:

Final Pot: $9.65
  • 7 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      weird play of UTG but i would fold on the flop.
      you still have more than half of your stack left.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      yep, I will show the result later after some more meanings and evaluation and say a few things afterwards.

but as said, seeing this hand as "neutral" I would also tend to fold ;)
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      I would also fold on flop without reads.

I like your 'neutrality' way of doing it and also interesting to see the results later. Unam got me doing the same over at the SnG sample hands forum with the premise that you will get more honest and unbiased answers from other posters if you leave the results out :P

Of course the most important verdict is always the judges...
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      thx mannix.

that's the reason why I posted a lot of hands today out of only a 250 hands session.

It doesn't matter at these hands how many I lost or won but only if it could work longway to play the way I did. (besides AK hands are the most needed evaluation hands at my play) .

At the moment AK is a very difficult hand for me, not knowing if I play it totally aggressive as shorty or to give it up at the right time. (Just a sample)

So my target is to be satisfied with most of my decisions.

So the best way imo is to see the meaning of others, confirmed (in the best case) of the experienced judges.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I'd call this too unless I could somehow put him on an very narrow range of hands since the only hands we are not really priced in for are TT+ and J-x. Some players will also c/r with their monsters.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      no way we are folding here) As Nunki correctly mentioned, there are only few possible hands that can turn the situation into an ugly one) And I doubt he would bet those hands first in)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere

And I doubt he would bet those hands first in)
      This is one point I didn't think about playing the hand to be honest, so important clue.

And in fact he did it with Q6s of clubs ;)

Thx to all :)