[NL2-NL10] NL sh JJ

• Katniss
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:diamond: , J:club:
      Hero raises to $0.12, 3 folds, SB calls $0.10, BB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.36) 9:club: , 5:heart: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.18, SB calls $0.18, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.72) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.72, SB raises to $4.78 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.22

How badly did I play this hand? It took me a very long time to think about the fold and I still don't know if it was the right thing to do or not.
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Its not that bad i guess:) ) I would just bet more flop to protect.

Unfortunately we cannot do much on turn. You got reraised and i think you have to fold there. He might bluff but its difficult after you showed strength with being agresor all streets.
    • veriz
      Hello Katniss,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: I'd still raise on those limits 4xBB. :)
      Postflop: I don't like that much your CB size here ~$0,30 would be most likely mine to protect your hand and also a bit smaller on turn and make them easier to Call with a lot worse. But as he ships not much we can do than would our hand. Obviously his shove ain't like a very good line but I wouldn't make any hero-calls here while even not knowing that much the opponent.

Best Regards.