[NL2-NL10] AKo - push overplayed?

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $1.00, 5 folds, BU calls $1.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 4:club: , K:club: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, BU raises to $4.00, Hero raises to $3.70 (All-In).

A lot of AK hands for me this session. Again seeing it here as not being my hand a b/f would be enough against a possible flush. loose table made me push. yr comments are welcome.

Turn: ($10.05) 8:diamond:
      River: ($10.05) Q:heart:

Final Pot: $10.05
  • 9 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      I think I would go broke too.
      He could also have the A high flush draw or a worse King I think..
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      here again I will make my finally comments later with the result and my thoughts about it.

at this point thx chiller for giving yr comments, always appreciate to get meanings for or against my way to play, completing my thoughts or in worst case showing that my thoughts are totally wrong.

so keep going;)
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      please consider, I'm not a judge ;)

I just played the SSS more or less successful for a few month :D
      so I can have some mistakes in my thoughts too :)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      be sure I consider chiller ;) but getting a reply of a player mabe playing my limit (and yr playing higher for sure) combined with the evaluation of the judges will give a good response.

I think it's important that also unexperienced players ( I don't want to be a beginner anymore;) ) say how they would play a hand here and if it's commented by experienced players and the judges you get a real evaluation.

So besides the evaluation of the judges I like very much meanings that begin with " I would have played it this way..."

So I like to quote ways I would have play hands and with the corrections of the judges I learn a lot.

Not to say it's nice if the judges say "I'd played it the same" but if there's an error in unexperienced players thoughts it helps always.

Besides: What's your job as an moderator at ps?
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      I primary moderate the german Titan Poker forum.
      And secondary the beginner forum, Small talk and "general discussion" (in the german community) =)
      I just started concentrating a little bit more on the english community
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      I am leaning to a fold here. Two opponents and the second guy re-raising is enough to get me to fold.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I would push first in to maximize my fold equity and make at least weaker draws fold.

On the other hand, bet/call might be better. Since you FE on this board won`t change dramatically, but pot size bet can induce some semi-bluffs.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      I would push first in to maximize my fold equity and make at least weaker draws fold.

On the other hand, bet/call might be better. Since you FE on this board won`t change dramatically, but pot size bet can induce some semi-bluffs.
      Running against pocket aces I was lost anyway, but I think no way to get out of this hand wit TPTK.

So I like yr advice to push, making it as hard as possible for a possible FD to play his draw. If I'm ready to push after his reraise I also can push directly, because after my normal raise not having really more information after his reraise because it can mean anything, playing his monster (as he did in a way) or playing a strong draw.

Thx, again a little bit learned :)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Watto77
      I am leaning to a fold here. Two opponents and the second guy re-raising is enough to get me to fold.
      Sorry watto, if I'm not totally wrong it was HU? So against two I'd agree to be careful.