Cozacu

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I enjoy playing poker and i think it might be the quickest way to financial independence.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker

I`m way to much result oriented,i tilt easily... i`m maybe to often questioning my self if i`m good enough because results are negative over a short number of hands(a few thousands)

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

TAG is a player who plays only a few hands but when he plays a hand he plays it aggressively.Usually they are considered good players,especially at lower limits.

Q4.I played over 100.000 hands,shoved a profit...been gone from the game for 4 months for different reasons and now i`m having some trouble with nl4 (-10BB).Read more then half of the articles from silver category.

My question for the coach... is this course for me?Or I should better focus on plugging my leaks and gather more info from the rest of the silver articles and videos etc.Will this course help me get quickly back to NL10 in BRM?Thank you
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

My question for the coach... is this course for me?Or I should better focus on plugging my leaks and gather more info from the rest of the silver articles and videos etc.Will this course help me get quickly back to NL10 in BRM?Thank you

This course is definitely for you. I am pretty sure you will find something new in this course. :) Also don't forget to post hands.

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Some points earned.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      I usually post hands in the hand evaluation section in the romanian forms,should i post some hands right here as well?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by cozacu
      I usually post hands in the hand evaluation section in the romanian forms,should i post some hands right here as well?
      Well, would be nice but obviously it's not a huge difference. It's just the case that I wont know how you play your hands. :(
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      http://ro.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=18584

http://ro.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=18586

http://ro.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=18582

Here are a few of them ;) i`m going to post some here too then from now on
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, you can always post as well into English Community hand evaluation section. :)
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

Well I don't know much about FR because i`m mostly a SH tables player,but i think we could break a bit down the hands to particular positions instead of just EP,MP,CO,Bu etc

Two exemples of where i would play differently: 1)With TT or JJ vs a guy who is open`raising a lot folding to cbets and 3bets i would most likely 3bet instead of just calling. 2)With AQ,AJ,AT from the blinds instead of calling i would also 3bet especially if the opponent who open`raise preflop is from late position ex Co,BU.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play?

What do you think about opening Q8o from Bu in SH with unknowns in the blinds?J8o?

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

Answer : 46.324%
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Well, if you are playing SH then you practically take it as you add few more positions where you have to play tighter. :) Myself I'd advice to get known in FR at first and then move to SH, while SH is really loose and aggressive play and a lot dependent on the opponents action. While FR can easily be played straight forward following the easy steps with the chart.

1) Depends really, usually I'd still not overplay the hand. Since you will rarely know how good your hand is if he decides to 4bet against you.

2) Well, would be an option if you face a loose steal. But of course the play is possible but puts also some questionable plays postflop, would advice to try posting those hands and see how you did there.

What do you think about opening Q8o from Bu in SH with unknowns in the blinds?J8o?

Seems to be fine, if the blinds even don't fight back much you can easily play the hand.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.