[NL2-NL10] NL25: TT - likely overplayed I think

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T:diamond: , T:heart:
      Hero raises to $1.00, 6 folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) J:spade: , 7:heart: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $3.00, Hero raises to $9.44 (All-In), BB calls $6.44.

hat does this c/r of BB mean just calling my bet from UTG I thought. Didn't give villain JJ pocket, taking checking as weak. but I think against a reraise with high stack as SSS should be a fold. At the judges, explicit analysis is welcome ;)

Turn: ($20.98) T:club:
      River: ($20.98) A:spade:

Final Pot: $20.98
  • 8 replies
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      the easter ears are so cute ;)
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Altough it is a minreraise I wouldn't go broke with mid pair and dubble stack. I would just fold and wait for a better situation ;)

indeed the easter ears are cute :) ;)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      yr totally right chiller imo.

that's what I was getting a bit concerned about tonight, getting the risky way all the time as small stack.

while I was in play I thought my decisions were ok or right.

analyzing it afterwards I would take the passive way in most of the times which means folding or c/f.

So I have the feeling I get a little bit loose independent of the results of the hands.

I think I will stress my equilator over the easter days, being offline to have a look at the equities I gave my opponents.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Had you just doubled up? I personally wouldn't play TT after a double up. Maybe limp from late position for set value.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ManniXXX
      Had you just doubled up? I personally wouldn't play TT after a double up. Maybe limp from late position for set value.
      yep I just doubled up.

and I normally don't play TT with this stack as shorty.

But at this table I didn't see any real reasonable hand so I decided to play also TT.

Close decision and the reason why I posted this hand :)
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      I agree with Mannix. I have been burnt a few times after doubling up with these sorts of hands. Now I only play AA and KK or AK from CO or BU. Having said that I think you may have had a rush of blood reraising your whole stack after a checkraise.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      ugly spot) the best advice for you is to simply avoid such spots -> fold preflop.

Otherwise, I would fold against unknown.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      yes I agree. even sucking him out with my set I was behind on the flop against his set of 7 and wasn't quite satisfied with my play (for sure with the result ;)

Thx all for your meanings.