This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25: TT - likely overplayed I think

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T:diamond: , T:heart:
      Hero raises to $1.00, 6 folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.10) J:spade: , 7:heart: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $3.00, Hero raises to $9.44 (All-In), BB calls $6.44.

hat does this c/r of BB mean just calling my bet from UTG I thought. Didn't give villain JJ pocket, taking checking as weak. but I think against a reraise with high stack as SSS should be a fold. At the judges, explicit analysis is welcome ;)

Turn: ($20.98) T:club:
      River: ($20.98) A:spade:

Final Pot: $20.98
  • 8 replies
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      the easter ears are so cute ;)
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Altough it is a minreraise I wouldn't go broke with mid pair and dubble stack. I would just fold and wait for a better situation ;)

indeed the easter ears are cute :) ;)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      yr totally right chiller imo.

that's what I was getting a bit concerned about tonight, getting the risky way all the time as small stack.

while I was in play I thought my decisions were ok or right.

analyzing it afterwards I would take the passive way in most of the times which means folding or c/f.

So I have the feeling I get a little bit loose independent of the results of the hands.

I think I will stress my equilator over the easter days, being offline to have a look at the equities I gave my opponents.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Had you just doubled up? I personally wouldn't play TT after a double up. Maybe limp from late position for set value.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ManniXXX
      Had you just doubled up? I personally wouldn't play TT after a double up. Maybe limp from late position for set value.
      yep I just doubled up.

and I normally don't play TT with this stack as shorty.

But at this table I didn't see any real reasonable hand so I decided to play also TT.

Close decision and the reason why I posted this hand :)
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      I agree with Mannix. I have been burnt a few times after doubling up with these sorts of hands. Now I only play AA and KK or AK from CO or BU. Having said that I think you may have had a rush of blood reraising your whole stack after a checkraise.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      ugly spot) the best advice for you is to simply avoid such spots -> fold preflop.

Otherwise, I would fold against unknown.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      yes I agree. even sucking him out with my set I was behind on the flop against his set of 7 and wasn't quite satisfied with my play (for sure with the result ;)

Thx all for your meanings.