Sample size

• keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      Hey, im playing nl2 and have a small sample size ~10k hands, and so if i win a few AIs im suddenly crushing the games, and lose a few AIs and im a losing player. Hence im wondering what sorta sample size i should aim for before i decide if im a winning player or not. :)

Thanks in advance.
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      10k is pretty nice size for the first impression .....well for now things are going nice but when u will reach NL50 and above things are getting more complicated.

Dont think about you as a winning or loosing player...try to improve your game everyday and never say to yourself that you know enaugh......

If you loose some BI with correct decision it is better then win some with wrong decision which will cost you very much in future....so....

GL at the tables.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      FR, 30,000

SH, 50/60,000
    • buzzinowt
      buzzinowt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by keoghh
      Hey, im playing nl2 and have a small sample size ~10k hands, and so if i win a few AIs im suddenly crushing the games, and lose a few AIs and im a losing player. Hence im wondering what sorta sample size i should aim for before i decide if im a winning player or not. :)

Thanks in advance.
      The difference between crushing and losing at 2nl is much bigger than a few bi over 10k hands.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      Lol yh may have overexaggerated abit :D