StingerMk

• StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze

:diamond: Hi colleagues ! My real name is Vladimir and I decided to go back to school ... it's a good feeling and I must become a wining poker player. So thanks to coachеs and all strategist... cya until the next post
      Best V
  • 44 replies
    • StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze
      :club: Homework - Lesson #1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      :diamond: I wont go on and on and will try to be concrete. My motivation for playing poker is my love for the game it self, and ofcourse money.I want to become good online poker player to reach PS status diamond, and online poker to be my profession.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      :diamond: My biggest weakness is having no patients and discipline, so i go and tilt from time to time. I dont spend enuff time on teory and analizing my game, and when things go down, i dont ask my self what I'm doing wrong, simply lose faith, and continue to play till i spend my bankroll. Hope to detect some other weaknesses i have and corect them with your help.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      :diamond: So, being tight-aggressive means that you choose your starting hands carefully, folding all bad hands, but when you enter a pot you come in betting and raising agresivly.Forcing the opponent to be under pressure and make mistakes.This is the playing style that every beginner should try to master.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Impatience is actually a huge leak for a lot of poker players. You have to find yourself a way how you gonna ignore it or make it disappear. Try every time remind yourself! Forcing into your life to be more patient in any activity you do, not only poker. Force! Force! Force! Always remind what you came to do and the patience will just help you earning more salary not the opposite. With more and more practice you will get used to it and might even stop being impatient.

Discipline is common problem for a lot of players. Few things you could set up for yourself is that you can put a plan which you follow. Like playing according the plan, trying to follow it and at the same time trying to force yourself to be disciplined rather than ignore the game. Also try to avoid distractions which can cause even to be undisciplined. Don't let anything distract you. Always try to remind you what you are doing at the tables!

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course. Some points earned.
    • StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze
      Thank you Veriz for your response. I must fix my weaknesses and I must become a wining player :f_mad:
      For now I`m on standby, dont play and foxused on teory and analizing my previous sesions.

?( I work now on lesson 2 , wether i wait to next coaching sesion on 24 Nov, or may i to watch coaching podcast » Coaching Podcast - Live Coaching Week 2

Best :club:
      V
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You can watch the podcast as well. :) When you want to can attend too.
    • StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze
      :club: Homework - Lesson #2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?
      :diamond: Well, maybe some times I play differently some hands like suited conectors , coldcall raise/minraise from middle position, or AQ raise from early position, everything depends from table and opponents. But I don’t think that is correct, like beginers and play on micro limits we must keep to basic hand chart while gain experience.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.
      :diamond: I prefer a shorthand game and i post some hands from nl4 game. Whether is it ok?
      -Link to the hand AQ SH

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.
      :diamond: I use PokerStrategy Equilab and my result is:
      AKo equity against the top 5% range

Equity Win Tie
      CO 46.32% 37.90% 8.41% AKo
      BU 53.68% 45.27% 8.41% 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Well, of course we can play those hands as suited connectors. They have really good implied odds. But usually watch out with them and don't try to overplay your TP type of holdings. What do you mean why min-raise? Don't use min-raise. :P

Yes, shorthanded games are totally fine, a lot players play it. Whoever likes more aggressive play then why not?

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.
    • StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze
      :diamond: Patterns in Poker
      I have this problem , and i must to format my brain :D and delete old bad patterns, because this is one of my bigest weaknesses. I must urgently fix it !

Excelent article!
    • StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze
      Hi coach
      :club: Homework #3

Question 0: Download and install the Equilab.
      :diamond: I have instaled Pokerstrategy Equilab.

Question 1: You are holding K :spade: Q :spade: . What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 3 :diamond: 3 :club: ? How does the equity change on this flop: J :spade: 5 :diamond: 3 :spade: ?
      :diamond: Euity with K :spade: Q :spade: before the flop against 3 :diamond: 3 :club: is :
      Equity Win Tie
      CO 50.77% 50.40% 0.37% KsQs
      BU 49.23% 48.85% 0.37% 3d3c

Equity in the flop J :spade: 5 :diamond: 3 :spade: :
      Equity Win Tie
      CO 26.45% 26.45% 0.00% KsQs
      BU 73.55% 73.55% 0.00% 3d3c

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand?

No Limit hold'em $2 (9-handed)
      Players and stacks:
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.08
      MP1: $1.92
      MP2: $1.00
      MP3: $3.06
      CO: (Hero) $2.08
      BU: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.24

Preflop: Hero is CO with AJ
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 263 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.25) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, BB folds, Hero...?

:diamond: Here i will call , because we have corect odds for flash draw, and we have two over card , but over card don't help as too much in this situation, so we have pure 9 outs for nut flash odds is 4/1 for 1 card
      Pot is 0.91 /to call 0.22 = 4.13
      If we hit flash , we have good chance to get one more bet on river maybe stack :) , board is good over pair, two pair, set, straight ... and opp perhaps call our bet on river.

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

:spade: 7s, As

I dont have informations about opp.
      On the flop i call , but i think between raise/all-in and call, what is correct ?
      Because i have 9outs for FD , 4 Kings for straith.
      I dont want to see Ace on the river :)

:spade: 7s 9s

I have no info for Opp
      On the flop i folded OESD . I calculate on the flop pot is 0.36/ to call 0.12 =3. Odds from flop to turn is 5:1 but to rover is 2:1. What is corect here?
      -Opp has only ~35BB
    • StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze
      Hi Coach , please back on this hand from homework3... 7s, As

Maybe this question is litlle stupid but i must ask. You wrote " We would need something like 47% equity which includes even rake"
      My question is how can I calculate that situation in % , (exem.47%) , some quick and simple way,or? ?(

Thanks
      V
    • StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze
      I have not played two days, reason : Clic...

Waiting mode
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #1:
      Preflop Equity:

Equity Win Tie
      UTG 50.78% 50.40% 0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 49.22% 48.84% 0.38% { 3d3c }

Postflop Equity:

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
      Equity Win Tie
      UTG 26.46% 26.46% 0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 73.54% 73.54% 0.00% { 3d3c }

About Question #2:
      There are several occasions on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. Which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs so that means we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

Math
      About the question how to calculate the equity. How can it be ever stupid?!? If I started with poker I didn't know it either, I practically learned and by asking you learn it. Next time don't hesitate to ask it right on the hand thread but you can as well ask here, I don't mind. We might even talk here for a bit longer about math/theory.
      What we need to know to calculate the equity?
      a) Total Pot = $0,57 (Pot) + $0,42 (Opponent Bet) + $4,04 (Opponent Stack left after Bet) = $5,03.
      b) We need to know how much we need to Call? $4,70 (Total stack) - $0,24 (Preflop raise) = $4,46.

You are asking why we need to put whole his stack? Since if we are going to raise then most likely we gonna invest all our money and as well going broke and that's gonna be his plan as well most likely. We might even don't have much fold equity since his donking is still pretty strong into us.

c) We calculating the equity = Pot/Pot+Call = $4,46/$4,46+$5,03 = 0,47 = 47% equity.

You are doing great progress, keep going!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by StingerMk
      I have not played two days, reason : Clic...

Waiting mode
      Managed to fix the problem yet?
    • StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze
      Managed to fix the problem yet?

Yes coach , my account is unlocked last night.

Dear Vladimir,

This is Janelle D. from the Operations Department at Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd. Cassava Enterprises manage operational services for 888poker.

I am contacting you in regards to your 888poker account with username “******”.

Thank you for recently submitting your document via our "Upload Your Documents Feature". These have been reviewed and checked in accordance to the Security Check Requirements.

I am pleased to advise you that all your documents have been accepted. All details have been successfully cross-referenced to your account details and verified. In light of this your Deposit and Cash Out limits have been upgraded and any remaining restrictions have been lifted.

Thank you for complying with our security checks. I hope that you can appreciate that these precautions are for the mutual benefit of both us and our members.

Thank you very much for your continued patience and cooperation.

Kind Regards,
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nice, good news the. Time to grind. :D Going for the PokerStrategy promotion freeroll on 888?
    • StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze
      You are doing great progress, keep going!

Thanks for compliment coach . :)

Nice, good news the. Time to grind. Going for the PokerStrategy promotion freeroll on 888?

Yep Coach, time to grind and learn of course ;) , to the next spring/summer we must crash nl30/50. I played today ~1k hands and finished -1/2 buy-in :) but I know where i do mistake, again on old patterns :( (. i post the hands later.
      Yes, I will participate on the promotional freeroll on Sunday.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Worth to try it while it's free money. :) Good luck on tables!
    • StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze
      Hi
      Here i posted some of my hands when i lose.

1.Kk

2.Aq

3.TT

4.KJ

5.QJs

6. 89s
    • StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze
      Hi Coach
      About Math , I asked you for calculating equity , i try to calculate some hands but i need a lot of time if i calculate when i play. I dont undestand,It`s to hard and imposlible for me. First hand calculating then go to equilab to calculate there...I need lot of time :)

Ex. Previous hand KdJc

I calculate 4.70/4.74+4.70=0.49.... 49%

In equilab

Board: 8:heart: 3:club: J:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP1    83.17%  82.77%   0.40% { KdJc }
      CO     16.83%  16.43%   0.40% { random }

Is that corect calculating, or i have to enter some opponent range?
    • StingerMk
      StingerMk
      Bronze
      Ex this hand QhJh

I calculate 7.01/(7.01+4.22)= 0.62... 62% equty

In Equilab agains AK :

Board: 2:diamond: 8:heart: 5:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    48.19%  48.19%   0.00% { QhJh }
      UTG+1  51.81%  51.81%   0.00% { AhKs }

against random hand:

Board: 2:diamond: 8:heart: 5:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    61.95%  61.61%   0.34% { QhJh }
      UTG+1  38.05%  37.71%   0.34% { random }

In first case we dont have Equoty, in second case we have EQ.