Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $3.55
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) A:heart: , T:heart: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.55) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.53, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.08

This hand actually baffled me, as i have no idea what he could have. Thght process, limps preflop, could have Ax,Kx,PP. Donks out on a fairly drawy board, i decide to call as i think folding here is too weak, he fires a big bet on the turn, and so i dont think he does this with Ax? I figure im probs behind and he has at least 2 Pair, and so i would be needing to hit the flush which im getting bad odds for, so correct fold?

Is this thought process correct? Imput from any1 on thght process appreciated
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello keoghh,

Well, most likely I'd play the same way. We can't even be sure that we get his whole stack on the river. Obviously his bet size is towards to a very strong hand, but would we really want to risk with most likely just FD and might face difficult spots like if hitting Q while we could be already against sets or whatsoever.

If we count implied odds here then we would need ~$1,04 on the river and which means that we practically playing for the whole stack. If you do still expect to get his stack by river most often then you can even consider calling.

Best Regards.