Pokerstars Support overreacting??

• PAOKHAWK
      PAOKHAWK
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

My account has just been closed because i had money transactions and played only a few times with someone who was banned from pokerstars(a friend of mine)...I explained them via e-mail my connection to this player and i admitted that i have played some hands against him a little softly,which i REALLY didn't know is against their policy and i can assure them i'll never try again.
      Even worst i learned that a lot more people,mostly friends of us,had their accounts frozen just for knowing this person as pokerstar's support said...because their afraid that he might try to play from their accounts!!!Of course they never played with him...they just send him money or even only use the same IP...

I would like to ask...does anyone had any similar situation or somehow knows what i have to do in order to convince them to let me play??
      I don't mind a penalty,even lose my whole BR(!!!) but all i want is keep playing because in my opinion they are the best site i've ever played by far!!!
  • 11 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi PAOKHAWK,

You seem to have placed this in the Titan Board so I will move it to the PokerStars board instead.

As for your problem, PokerStars take security very, very seriously and it is unsurprising in this case that they have closed your account and accounts of those involved with your friend.

Any sort of collusion at the tables is going to make their decision very easy and it is completely against the terms and conditions of the site.

I would highly doubt that anything can be done to overturn their decision.

Best regards,

Gary
    • PAOKHAWK
      PAOKHAWK
      Bronze
      Thnx for your answer Gary.

Between the thousands of tables and hands i've played they are only an extremely small sample and not even profitable...We managed to lose some dollars in those hands.In addition as i said before i didn't even know passive playing against a player is not allowed.This hands were played almost a year ago (at least a few months)...and they take action now?? (first time i managed to have a big,for me, bankroll...the biggest i ever had so far).

The strange thing about my friends (except the one that was cheating) is that they only had transfer history with him and not all of them...One was closed because of using the same IP some times in the past!!!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi PAOKHAWK,

welcome to our forums! it is sad that the first time ever that you post here is to narrate such an unfortunate story. however, i do not think that there is anything much that we can do in this situation because the poker rooms still retain the right to make decisions on these cases as they see fit.

hopefully you will be able to recover from this setback. i also hope that we will see you posting and becoming more active on the forums.

if you need help looking for a new room, this thread might interest you:
      Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

good luck and let us know how you get on.

smiles,
      wendy
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey again,

I know it's a horrible situation for you, but there is nothing we can do about this unfortunately. The Poker Rooms have the final say on player accounts.

I can however, link you to all our partner rooms

Trust me, there is life after PokerStars. They may be the most popular site right now, but IMHO unless you are a midstakes player there are better deals out there in relation to rakeback and VIP systems.

Best wishes,
      Gary
    • PAOKHAWK
      PAOKHAWK
      Bronze
      I'm already done with Pokerstars so i guess i'm just looking for the next poker site i will play...I'll see which one fits me best from the links you just gave me!

Thnx and you can close the thread if you want to (because i don't know if i can do this and how ?( )!!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck in your new adventure :)
    • PAOKHAWK
      PAOKHAWK
      Bronze
      I decided to just leave and now they're having fun with me...

They gave me 48 hours to cash out but when i tried they wanted proof of identity which i sent them immediately...Their answer was that it will take up to 48 hours and it was only forwarded to the head of the case after 24 hours and more,so it may take 48 hours from now...

How am i supposed to take my money when i just CAN'T?!?!?!? X(
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hello again,

Security checks are standard at every Poker room so I would remain as calm as possible until its completed. I trust they will understand this when they have given you this time limit to withdraw.

Keep us updated though ;)

Gary
    • PAOKHAWK
      PAOKHAWK
      Bronze
      They are finally closing my account as expected but at least gave me 48 hours to cash out...let's hope everything goes fine!!

Already looking for a new poker room to play (where i won't make mistakes anymore).

Thnx for all the help Wendy and espesially Gary,see you around!!!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      you're welcome! keeping fingers crossed for you! at least you are able to get your money back (hopefully). let us know if you need more help in setting up a new account.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      you're welcome! keeping fingers crossed for you! at least you are able to get your money back (hopefully). let us know if you need more help in setting up a new account.
      +1

Just glad to help out and hope everything is sorted now :)