Hello

• 19sausages
      19sausages
      Bronze
      Hi I'm ben from england.

Just signed up today on a recommendation from another site. I was looking at ways to get a free bankroll and this site looked promising.

What i've read of the strategy guides so far has been good, and i'll be giving the rest a read too as i'm sure it'll help me plug some of the leaks in my game.

I've been playing poker in various formats for a number of years, but these days i play mostly online. Just returning from a 9 month break from poker and as Full tilt has gone tits up have been looking at new sites to play on.

Hopefully will be playing on party poker when my freebee comes through. Until then i'll probably be trying to get some luck in the freerolls.
  • 12 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Ben!

Welcome to the Community!

Hope you plan on sticking around and meeting all our wonderful members :)

Take your time and have a browse around this wonderful website and get yourself settled in.

If you ever need any help or assistance, don't hesitate to ask!

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • 19sausages
      19sausages
      Bronze
      Hi gary

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure i'll be sticking around. I've had my free bankroll come through and I've just started on Party Poker. Hopefully this time my BRM goes a bit better than it usually does. If I can just get the hang of leaving the table when i'm winning........
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hello there!

that's a lot of sausages! :D welcome to our forums and congrats on getting your starting capital. i hope you will be able to stick to BRM this time, it really works in keeping one from going broke :) (unless the site is shut down by teh FBI but that's a different matter entirely).

btw, we have 2 daily freerolls on Party Poker exclusive to PokerStrategy.com members. (Under tournaments --> Special). just in case you might want to play a few. I think it's also fun to download the PokerStrategy.com Sidekick to chart your accomplishments and get a few extra Strategy Points. this should make your climb up in status faster :)

good luck, have fun! if you need any help, we're just a click away.

smiles,
      wendy

ps btw i just learned that expression "tits up" so now i'm super proud i know what it means, plus i guessed you're from england :D (well aside from the fact that you said it already)
    • 19sausages
      19sausages
      Bronze
      Hi Wendy

Thanks for the heads up on the special tournaments. Will be good to test myself against some fellow PokerStrategy members.

Where do i find the Sidekick. Sounds like that might be worth a go.

Glad you enjoyed the local venacular. I'll try not to use anything to colourful. Don't want to get banned ;)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      haha, well you started your post with sausages and ended it with tits, so failing a bit there with the non-coloful part. :f_p: however i highly doubt you will be getting banned anytime soon for that :coolface:

the freeroll tournament is full of new players, some just learning the rules, some just passing time while they play other games. don't expect a very high level of play in there. :D

here is the Sidekick for your pleasure.

=== PokerStrategy.com SideKick: Overview ===

also there is still time to grab this promo since there are still >20 days left in November.
      Go For Gold
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Welcome
    • 19sausages
      19sausages
      Bronze
      Hi Surfwell thanks for the welcome

Thanks Wendy. Have got the Sidekick running now. Looks a bit like the Trophies/Achievements system for console games. The extra SPs will no doubt come in handy too.

Played a bit on cash games last night, but it didn't go well. Got badly tilted by a few bad beats and failed to stick to loss limiting. Must learn to walk away on a losing streak and not go chasing. Think a couple of people spotted I was bleeding chips and took advantage :facepalm: . BR took a bit of a hit but i managed to claw some back before i quit. Hopefully that'll be a learning experience in the long run.
    • 19sausages
      19sausages
      Bronze
      Btw forgot to ask. How do I link any other poker accounts I have to my PokerStrategy profile so I can earn points from them all?

I'll probably discover it with a bit of reading but a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey again,

If you are looking to link previously opened accounts to PokerStrategy then I'm afraid that it is not possible :(

You can only earn SPs in accounts that have been opened by using our direct links or bonus codes. Poker Rooms will not let you retrack accounts to PokerStrategy.com, nor will they allow you to open a second account for the purpose of tracking to us.

However, all is not lost :)

I will link you to all our partner rooms As long as you've never held an account in those rooms before now, you can take advantage of all our excellent offerings, such as daily freerolls, first deposit bonuses, rakeback and VIP systems.

Hope this was helpful and don't be afraid to ask for futher assistance,

Best wishes,
      Gary
    • 19sausages
      19sausages
      Bronze
      Thanks gary

Shame I didn't find this site first as I have already opened a few accounts :(

If I want to open some others I guess I use the same bonus code as before to link them?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yeah it's a shame but I think alot of our members are in the same boat with at least one or two sites :(

However as I said, we have many different rooms on our partner list so all is not lost :)

Yes, if you are looking to track some new accounts, the best thing to do is to follow the instructions on our poker room pages. Be careful when doing so, as some of the rooms require direct downloads from our site and others just require bonus codes.

If you look carefully at each specific room you will see what is required for successful tracking to PokerStrategy.

If you wan't me to go through a specific site as an example just shout mate :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      gl at the tables and welcome