Like a page feed a kid Street Kings

• jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Bronze
      Anyone on facebook might stop by this page for 2 seconds and like the page. http://www.facebook.com/StreetKing
      Its for a good cause.Each like = a meal for a child in Africa.It was started up by 50Cent and the World Food Program.His goal is to help feed a million Kids in Africa :D

• 7 replies
    • michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      If this is true, its a great idea. Hope it is !
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Good cause and all, but personally I think that these help programs are bit ironic in a way. I mean Africa has quite clearly the highest birth rate in global scale compared to amount of people. Huge amount of different programs are done to get food, water and different supplies there, but with such birth rate resource problems will just continue to escalate into even bigger problem. So are there actions to change this situation? Do common people understand and take that into consideration --> Maybe it's not good idea to give birth for 4 children, if you are unable to feed them...
    • michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ghaleon
      Good cause and all, but personally I think that these help programs are bit ironic in a way. I mean Africa has quite clearly the highest birth rate in global scale compared to amount of people. Huge amount of different programs are done to get food, water and different supplies there, but with such birth rate resource problems will just continue to escalate into even bigger problem. So are there actions to change this situation? Do common people understand and take that into consideration --> Maybe it's not good idea to give birth for 4 children, if you are unable to feed them...
      +1 The exact problem its in my country with gypsies. They give birth to 6-8 children even tho they are unable to feed them or provide them a shelter. :s_mad:
    • NenadNacevic
      NenadNacevic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michellecip
      +1 The exact problem its in my country with gypsies. They give birth to 6-8 children even tho they are unable to feed them or provide them a shelter. :s_mad:
      Actually, I was thinking about this, and most of earth problems could be solved with simply making less babies.
      Soon we will run out of water, no space to produce food, no living space even etc. Not to mention that we're making more and more species extinct by taking their living space for our needs and killing them for our food. Polluting the Earth etc.

And what is our solution? Populate the Moon of coarse! Maybe Mars. Makes sense.

PS: On my National TV there is regularly segments of "poor" people with 15 kids living in some shed, pleading for help...
      What the fuck were you thinking?!? Earth needs less of your DNA anyway.

• michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      So true that it actually hurts...
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Bronze
      Maybe it's not good idea to give birth for 4 children, if you are unable to feed them....
      Maybe true but hows that the childrens fault in anyway?So the kids deserve to starve cos their parents shouldnt have them in the first place? :f_confused:

Soon we will run out of water, no space to produce food, no living space even etc.
      Where did you get this information from?Please do share :f_biggrin:
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Originally posted by jasonforan
      Maybe it's not good idea to give birth for 4 children, if you are unable to feed them....
      Maybe true but hows that the childrens fault in anyway?So the kids deserve to starve cos their parents shouldnt have them in the first place? :f_confused:
      Obviously I didn't say that it was children fault or that these help programs would be useless or unneeded. But, if there are no attempts to solve the real problem then healing the symptoms won't help that much in long run. Or it is just wheel that never stop and grow bigger all the time. Who will be winner in that? Except some hands that probably take their own part of all the resources that are globally collected for this cause. E.g. how big part of donations actually reach final target and how big part is consumed on all the middle hand work?

Moving resources will help, but really could there be more efficient ways? I am not that familiar with cropping and so on, but could environment at least in some part of Africa offer possibilities to increase local food production? Would it be more effective to offer tools for that than just actual supplies. Maybe this sort of help is already done, but image I have got (without looking that closely into these) tells otherwise.