Dont Forget Your Roots........

• xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      Kia ora and hello all

Im from New Zealand , im 31 married with 2 beautiful kids......
      Im currently a stay at home dad until we move to Australia where my wife is working atm...i was previously working in forestry and was a sawmen/boner in lamb processing plant....

I have been a big fan of poker ever since i seen it on tele several years ago, only playing for fun and not really taking it to seriously so not winning either :s_cry:

Ive played poker on and off over the last few years mainly online with the odd home game with friends and family..

Im currently in the middle of taking the BSS No Limit Beginners Course which Ive learnt a great deal , I do like playing mtts/sng more but with limited time to play poker cash tables seem to fit in better...

playing nl2 atm trying to fix my leaks which keep biting me in the arse ....need to stop tryin to make hero calls and just give up my hand when i know im beat.....also have another bankroll going which im trying to do the chris furg challenge which is going well atm too, will get some charts up when i figure out how and post some hands too..

Havin eye surgery in 2 days so may not play for a couple days which i hope isnt the case......So il leave ya with a fav kiwi song of mine which ive made title of my blog also....cheers :s_biggrin:

• 7 replies
    • xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      well my first day after starting my blog didnt get much poker played as was watching WSOP with prob the rest of the poker world, with my kids too who enjoyed it..
      especially the Pius heinz chant lol which i got into aswell i must say....

so i only played small session on nl2 played bout 500 hands and was pretty boring really very little action and just come in above EV.... no real interesting hands except for maybe this suck out by short stack

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $0.73
      Hero:
      $2
      BU:
      $4.11

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , K:club:
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.06, SB raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.18, BU folds.

Flop: ($0.46) T:heart: , 8:heart: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.22, SB raises to $0.53 (All-In), Hero calls $0.31.

Turn: ($1.52) 8:club:
      River: ($1.52) 8:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.52

Probably my bad for not 4betting here but ohh well learn from ya mistakes....

So surgery 2moro hopefully out in time to get my 10sp for the go4gold challenge so enjoy ya day ...laters :s_cool:

OH sb won $1.52 with AJ clubs too
    • xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      Well its been a week now since had eye surgery and things seem to be going well, I had a cornea transplant on my left eye coz my vision was completely blurred , my vision is still blurrd abit but its better then it was .. Have played next to no poker what so ever apart from some mtts on merge network with my $0 to $10k bankroll which is progressing slowly cant wait to get HM2 for that site to help with stats ......so back to grinding NL2 and hopefully improving my game aswell and heres a song im chillaxing too while I play some poker....

• xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      Well its been a few months now and alot has happened since my last post....
      not alot of poker but abit of traveling instead............ since my last post my family and I have moved over to Australia ( Melbourne ) for a change looking for bigger and better things..........

So poker has taken a back seat to life for the past few months while we settled in, also the passing of my grandmother last month got me flying over to Samoa for the first time for her service......It was an amazing experiance under the sad circumstances, very beautiful island and very hot too.........

So im finally back into the grind of things, played several mtts and sitngos and now bac reading articles and just need to set some poker goals and and il be ready to rock the felt :s_cool:
    • xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      So initally I started out playing big stack stratergy (BSS) NL2 :f_cool: but since I really cant stand ring games im switching over to sitngo and mtt games.....

So for some goals for this month:

1, Read all bronze and silver sitngo articles ..
      2, Post atleast 5 hands a week in hand evaluation forum for discussion..
      3, Download ICM and spend some time practising late game play..

so hopefully I manage too get this done and be set for next month :s_cool:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Welcome back :)
    • xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      TY :f_biggrin: hopfully i can get my HM2 to work aswell or i wont be posting much ?(
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Welcome back xdowntimex :) Good luck and run golden!