Strategy articles for 4-max tables?

• fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      I've noticed that 4-max tables are becoming increasingly common in poker rooms. Does Pokerstrategy plan to add some content on playing at those? Or if not, maybe some good advice in this thread? When it comes to ORC, I guess we could just drop the EP and MP positions, but I'm sure there are some other differences too, compared to 6-max.
  • 3 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi fuzzyfish,

Thanks for your suggestion :)

I have moved your thread to it's relevant board where hopefully it will get spotlighted better.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      and I moved it once more:-)

Thank you for your request, fuzzyfish.
      Indeed we do not have 4-max content around - which is a pitty for you. As the biggest pokerschool we have over 5 million users - and its very hard to bring content for all of them. Therefore we have to concentrate on the main games of our users. Of course we occassionally bring content for rare game types as an addon.
      This said:
      for 4max you can assume that the games will be even more aggressive. You can simply see it if you get rid of the EP and MP in the ORC as you suggested.
      However you are in the blinds more often. You will need to steal much more,thus have a lower hand strength on average. That means that your opponents in the blinds will defend looser.
      You will end also up with less strong hands on the flop. When your UTG-raising oponent in FR will be most likely in front on a K88 board vs your 66 it is not true in your BB vs his BU - he has way bigger range and you are ahead with 66 a lot of the times. Hope that helps.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SvenBe
      and I moved it once more:-)

Thank you for your request, fuzzyfish.
      Indeed we do not have 4-max content around - which is a pitty for you. As the biggest pokerschool we have over 5 million users - and its very hard to bring content for all of them. Therefore we have to concentrate on the main games of our users. Of course we occassionally bring content for rare game types as an addon.
      This said:
      for 4max you can assume that the games will be even more aggressive. You can simply see it if you get rid of the EP and MP in the ORC as you suggested.
      However you are in the blinds more often. You will need to steal much more,thus have a lower hand strength on average. That means that your opponents in the blinds will defend looser.
      You will end also up with less strong hands on the flop. When your UTG-raising oponent in FR will be most likely in front on a K88 board vs your 66 it is not true in your BB vs his BU - he has way bigger range and you are ahead with 66 a lot of the times. Hope that helps.
      cliff: you have to be more aggresive :)