This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH nl50 KK OOP vs Fish

• Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.34)
      BB ($28.14)
      UTG ($49.25)
      Hero ($61.89)
      CO ($57.34)
      BTN ($50.75)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $2, CO calls $2, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.75) 5:heart: 2:heart: 7:heart:

Hero bets $3.50, CO calls $3.50

TURN ($11.75) 5:heart: 2:heart: 7:heart: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $8.50, CO calls $8.50

RIVER ($28.75) 5:heart: 2:heart: 7:heart: 9:diamond: 7:spade:

29 hands Player : 46/7

I can see 2 streets for value to charge all A/Q/J :heart: + PP

I wonder now what with River play :

1) blocking bet +10 / fold
      2) cx/call ( what if he shove this River for my check )

Please answer before you look for spoiler

Hero checks, CO bets $43.34 (AI), Hero calls $43.34Hero shows K:diamond: K:heart: (Pre 82%, Flop 34.6%, Turn 22.7%)CO shows 2:spade: 2:club: (Pre 18%, Flop 65.4%, Turn 77.3%)CO wins $110
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d prefer b/f river 15$. He would call you down hands, like 9x with flushdraw and maybe even 5xh, but at the same time he would always take his free showdown with these hands. Also I doubt he would raise there 7x, since they would also afraid flushes and I doubt he would then raise if you make it at least half the pot.
      There are merit c/c if you put him just flushdraw, but imo 46/7 might even check back no showdown value hands, so better should go there for value.

Against shove I´d likely would, since players have to be real maniac to overbet shove there bluff. If I´d check I´d call half potsize bet
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I´d prefer b/f river 15$. He would call you down hands, like 9x with flushdraw and maybe even 5xh, but at the same time he would always take his free showdown with these hands. Also I doubt he would raise there 7x, since they would also afraid flushes and I doubt he would then raise if you make it at least half the pot.
      There are merit c/c if you put him just flushdraw, but imo 46/7 might even check back no showdown value hands, so better should go there for value.

Against shove I´d likely would, since players have to be real maniac to overbet shove there bluff. If I´d check I´d call half potsize bet
      So for Overshove River like this it's easy fold ?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      against fish it is never easy when you hold good hand. That´s why betting out is generally better. But since players would not shove there as bluff too often I think fold is better.