[NL2-NL10] NL2 Fullhouse with one hole card

• anhvusa
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8, 7.
      MP2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.06) 7, T, T (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 bets $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.14) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.07, Hero raises to $0.17, MP2 calls $0.10.

River: ($0.48) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, MP2 raises to $0.99, Hero ???.

The villain was very loose and passive. What action could be when he began taking action on Turn with Raising Hero's bet? With a K or even a T, the villain's hand could dominate Hero's. A cry Call or an easy Fold?
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      I don't see much reason for you to raise the turn there to be honest. Sure he will call some A high hands, overpairs and maybe 88 and 99, but it's still very possible that he has a T in his hand and in that case we're just valuetowning ourselves.

When he raises the river I think it's a pretty easy fold. Players at these limits, especially the passive ones, aren't turning hands into bluffs, he's valueraising Tx or KK here (More likely Tx). So in my opinion it's an easy fold here, although we can avoid these horrible situations by improving our play on earlier streets.

Here I would just take the check/call line on all 3 streets.
    • veriz
      Hello anhvusa,

Flop: Rather bet yourself on flop and protect from overcards and maybe even from draws.

As played
      Turn: You are totally overplaying your hand here and isolating against very strong hands. I'd really prefer rather to bet myself starting from flop.

As played
      River: Bet/Fold, he ain't raising you with a lot worse here anyways while it's just a freeplay pot.

Best Regards.