Hero (BTN): $10.11
      SB: $5.48
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $14.05
      UTG+1: $10.49
      MP: $5.90

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:heart: J:diamond:

fold, fold, MP calls $0.10, fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.55, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.50, 2 players) 4:diamond: 5:diamond: T:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.50, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      SB bets $1.12, Hero calls $1.12

River: ($3.74, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.00, SB raises to $3.76, Hero calls $1.76

Hero shows Q:heart: J:diamond: (Flush, Queen High) (Pre 14%, Flop 5%, Turn 11%)
      SB shows K:diamond: K:club: (Flush, King High) (Pre 86%, Flop 95%, Turn 89%)
      SB wins $10.70

SB player:

What do you think about this hand? I think that against full stack it would have been easy fold but in this situation I had to call just $1.76, it was so hard to fold. What to do on the river? Bet or take free showdown?
  • 2 replies
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Flop: I would just cbet on the flop here. We have position and we are HU even though villain is only folding 60% of the time. We would cbet here with all our TX and JJ+ as well, so I think it is good for balancing also.

It is not the best board texture to cbet but as said above it does connect with our percieved range.

Turn: As played I think a raise/call on the the turn is overplayed since he will only show up with better and fold out worse. We can't really expect him to DB/call on the turn with 8/9/Tx :diamond:

So I think we are either way ahead of weaker pairs and draws or way behind sets, 2pr and made flushes on the turn. So calling is correct IMO, plus we have :diamond: draw to go with it.

River: I think we have to bet for value on the river vs QX, 2pr's and sets, some weaker flushes and we are getting like 5:1 and I think we only need something like 15% equity on the river after our bet:

1.76/(3.74+2.00+3.76+1.76) = 1.76/11.26 = 0.15*100 = 15%

so its kinda close quity wise, depends if he's capable of check raising the river for "value" with sets and 2prs. I would imagine a call is fine here though mostly. Will be interested to see whhat veriz has to say.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Flop: Most likely I'd also rather Check behind vs loose player who is most likely not going to Check behind. Doubt we are making any PPs/pairs/draws to fold neither even overcards sometimes.

As played
      Turn: Not much you can do it differently. Raising would be overplayed he wouldn't Call with a lot worse and the same time would give him hard time Calling with Tx or whatsoever smaller PPs.
      River: Well, I doubt that he is ever bluffing here, neither I doubt that he is raising with sets or anything similar. Most likely it's towards flush. But while 2 better flushes possible already the question rather lies how much is he willing to pay with a lot worse. I'd consider maybe even betting ~$1,50 and then we would be also able to fold our hand. But as played well, really close, do we really beat anything? :D Doubt he would even raise with T.

Best Regards.