This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AKo vs CO OR

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Pre: I was pretty sure I should be 3b/folding here because:
      :spade: villain is opening a wide range from the CO
      :spade: I will profit from NSDW if he folds immediately
      :spade: if he calls and I am behind then I can still get better to fold postflop and maybe worse to call depending on board texture
      :spade: He will never 4bet anything worse than AKo given current stats and no further reads

My question is more to do with if I had 3bet and villain calls IP on this board. What should my line be vs a flop raise when i cbet.

Bet/broke? My problem with that is I would imagine he only raises my flop cbet with A :club: X :club: , AJ+, since I wouldnt expect him to call 3bet's IP with worse than ATs here (probably tighter), so this is very few hands.

BUT, I would clearly not c/f on this flop, so its either bet/broke on flop, b/c flop b/broke Turn or b/f flop. The problem with b/f the flop is that the only better hands that raise me on this flop that I would expect him to CC 3b's are AA/88, 22's at a stretch, but very unlikely.

AS PLAYED:

BB/fold river about 1/3 pot for thin value?

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $12.47 [12/16/1.8/28/224 hands]
      BTN: $10.89
      SB: $7.17
      Hero (BB): $11.17
      UTG: $10.00
      UTG+1: $3.30
      MP: $10.14
      MP+1: $10.76

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:diamond: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.45, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.35, fold

Flop: ($1.05, 2 players) A:heart: 8:club: 2:club:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.05, 2 players) 7:club:
      Hero bets $0.78, CO calls $0.78

River: ($2.61, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Hero shows K:diamond: A:spade: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 71%, Flop 87%, Turn 93%)
      CO mucks A:diamond: Q:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 29%, Flop 13%, Turn 7%)
      Hero wins $2.48
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Nah, I doubt that I would play it any differently. I wouldn't really bet the river anyways vs such an opponent, he isn't even paying you with the Ax most likely. Plus I doubt he would even bet with worse.

I would have played the same way.

Best Regards.