win rate ?

• 13 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Anything positive is good. But i wouldn't think about NL10 until you beat NL5 @ 5PT3BB/100+
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      i don't think 10bb/100 (that is what 5PTBB means i assume) is nessecary to move up and play NL10. I would aim for 7-8bb/100
    • PoincaresConjecture
      PoincaresConjecture
      Bronze
      anything 2PTBB/100+ is enough is good and to move up on the micros from my experience. but u have to have a big enough sample size to determine ur actual win rate, which should be 50k hands, better 100k hands.

cheers
    • kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      from playing at 0.01-0.02 and 0.02-0.05 on 15000 hands i have a 6.35/100 win rate
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MathhNes
      i don't think 10bb/100 (that is what 5PTBB means i assume) is nessecary to move up and play NL10. I would aim for 7-8bb/100
      Yeah but why move up when you arn't crushing? Spesh as its micros, NL5 is so soft so if you arn't beating at 5BB/100+ you obvs need to fix your game.
    • MathhNes
      MathhNes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      Originally posted by MathhNes
      Yeah but why move up when you arn't crushing? Spesh as its micros, NL5 is so soft so if you arn't beating at 5BB/100+ you obvs need to fix your game.
      i'd say 7-8bb/100 is crushing. It might not seem like that when you look at small samples, but over bigger samples it is indeed quite hard to have much higher winrates. Not sure about the microstakes though. What i do know is that the rake is really high so that really eats up your winrate a lot
    • kingkong2
      kingkong2
      Bronze
      i am not planing to move up untill i have a 25 buyin BR for 0.05-0.10
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey kingkong2,

Thanks for your question!

A winning player is any of course positive winrate over a decent sample size. Anything past that really depends on your definition of "good", or "crushing", I would say a good winning player at microstakes can have from 8-15 BB/100, anything past that sustained over a large sample size I would consider the player to have a pretty good idea on how to beat those limits easily.

When it comes to moving up in limits, it goes without question that you have to be bankrolled, but IMO it comes down to how comfortable you feel at the next limit in terms of your skill in comparison with the other players, move up when you feel it's best for you.

I hope this helps & good luck at the tables!

Take care,

-E
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Let me give my 2 cents on this but overall I agree w EuanM

imo there is no need to crush a limit to move up. What you should look at is your Bankroll first and then that you feel confident in playing a higher limit (i.e not scared money).

To me being a winning player (whatever the win rate) at your current limit+ the 2 points I mentioned are enough to move up.
      As Mathness said, at the micro limits the rake is very high so you don't want to stay too long there ;)

I personally moved up the limits having small win rates on each limit
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      i agree with Dublimax! :D :heart:

in my opinion, no need to be absolutely crushing or to accumulate 50k or 100k hands. (in fact, staying in NL2 for that long seems -EV to me)

i mean, its NL2! the skills you need are not that much different to survive in NL5. i would move up with a decent roll.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I play NL10SH with BRM of 50buy ins so i will move to NL20 when my BR reach 1k$. I want to be confident with the limit and of course with type of play that limit offers.

Well i already played NL100SH in the past but after a bad week i cashout almost everything. After a year i started to play again at NL10SH.

Currently my win-rate is at 16BB/100 after 25k hands.

I don't believe that this will be my overall win-rate after 100k hands but it is just an great upswing.

Well i think that with win of 4BB we are doing fine enough to move the limits if we are not afraid of money:) ))
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Depends where you are playing too. On cake poker NL10 is harder (and significantly harder that is) than NL25 on iPoker. Trust me guys, I've played it all :D
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      It's also depends a lot on how you play in terms of multitabling.
      You can have an awful high winrate if you're 2-tabling and you can have low or even 0 winrate 12+ tabling but still earn more money by rakeback, bonuses, etc.
      So I think the winrate is not that important as long as it's not less than 0.