[NL2-NL10] J9s FR

• vladnz
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($5.85)
      Hero ($10)
      SB ($3.10)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($2.20)
      UTG+1 ($4.65)
      MP1 ($12.15)
      MP2 ($7.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J:diamond: , 9:diamond: .
      UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.60) Q:diamond: , 7:heart: , 5:diamond: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.60) 8:diamond: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets $0.2, Hero raises to $0.8, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.80, CO calls $0.60.

River: ($3) Q:heart: (3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, CO bets $1, Hero raises to $3, UTG+1 calls $3, CO raises to $4.95, Hero calls $1.95, UTG+1 calls $0.75 (All-In).

Final Pot: $15.45
  • 3 replies
    • Jumbles
      I'd bet the flop here. Although unlikely you might take the pot down there and then, but you certainly thin the field and also take the initiative which should buy you turn and river for the fd as any caller will probably check to you on the turn, allowing you to check behind if it's a blank, or force them out if you think you can.

I think it would also help you define CO's hand. I can't help but suspect he may have wanted to check/raise this flop. If it were the case, it would certainly have helped you on later streets.

Turn's a good card for you, obviously as it completes flush, but also a straight may be around here to pay you off. Could've raised more here if you bet the flop ;)

River's sticky. CO may well have a boat here after an aborted check/raise flop attempt, someone may even have a better flush. Don't think I raise here, not with two players, but CO looks like he's getting it in anyway.

Then again, I am too passive :D

I could be way off on turn and river (I think I'd need a bit more info on Villains), but definitely bet the flop.
    • Snodreliss
      I'd just call CO on river, higher flush and full house is possible.
    • Thorsten77
      Bet Flop! You often take down the pot and even if they call you can take a free card on the turn or bet if the flush draw gets there. As played, I'd just call the river. In such a multiway pot, I'd not be sure to be ahead with my J high flush on a paired board.