[NL2-NL10] NL5 A5h float on flop, turned draws

• cheekopeh
      Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , 5:heart:
      MP3 raises to $0.20, CO folds, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) Q:heart: , T:club: , 4:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.3, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.07) 3:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.6, Hero calls $0.60.

River: ($2.27) A:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.27

I tend to float a lot in position. Maybe wasn't too wise this hand. Turned a nice card which gave me straight and flush draws. Rivered top pair but club draw completes.

Villain bets under half pot which feels to me like he was afraid of the club. I wasn't sure if my top pair was good. Was thinking would he have fired on the river with just a Q? He somehow played it like he had my top pair beat but was afraid of the flush.

He didn't look that strong and I thought of shoving to push him off his hand. But the problem was I wasn't sure where I stood in the hand at all. So I just elected to fold.

How did I play?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello cheekopeh,

Preflop: Don't like that much your Call even here. You don't even any plans vs him most likely. Just hoping to hit. :( Rather avoid any marginal situations and fold the hand. Of course it's possible to play the hand but now again without any specific plan you wouldn't play it very profitable. Your Ax will be often enough dominated.

As played
      Postflop: What about his 2nd barrel? Most likely if he has a high 2nd barrel then I'd just fold it on flop. ;) But otherwise seems to be fine, I doubt that we beat much on the river.

Best Regards.