[NL2-NL10] NL5 3b 55s on BbvsSb

• cheekopeh
      Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:diamond: , 5:club:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.28, SB calls $0.18.

Flop: ($0.56) 8:heart: , 5:spade: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.56) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.32, SB raises to $0.64, Hero calls $0.32.

River: ($1.84) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.57 (All-In), Hero calls $4.08 (All-In), SB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $10.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows a straight, queen high (Jd Td)
      Hero shows (5d 5c)

SB wins with a straight, queen high (Jd Td)

Decided to 3b because Sb has been stealing a lot and I have position + I want initiative on the flop. So slow playing my set cost me.

I should have gotten away from the huge overbet on river. I thought I played it bad post flop. But was 3betting alright? And the way I should have played after the flop instead?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello cheekopeh,

Preflop: Why do you raise in first place here? Rather just Call and play postflop vs him. :) Much easier to play your hand.

As played
      Flop: I'd just CB the flop. :) And not try to slowplay my hand, not really worth.

As played
      Turn: Don't like that much the Call, I'd just 3bet it here and try to get it in. If he has something like Qx he is going to pay us. Plus if he really had 67 or whatsoever would he even Check that long?

As played
      River: You don't beat much, easy fold, he isn't shipping a lot worse here anyways. Just strong made hands.

Best Regards.