[NL2-NL10] What to do when opponent calls raise then checks back to you...

• sargemojoe
      sargemojoe
      Bronze
      Sorry I can't remember the full details of this hand but just wanted to know what to do in the situation where I've raised in late position, opponent has called, they've checked the flop to me, I've raised 2/3 of the pot they've called. I still haven't hit the board. I think I have KQ or AK I forget. They've again checked back to me. Lets say there is around $2.50 in the pot I have $1.15 left. I've pushed all in and they've folded (thankfully) but was this the correct move? Or should I have just checked? They could have been slow playing a monster but I guess because they weren't reraising my stabs at the pot I figured I was ok. Though I'm pretty sure I had KQ so I could have been beaten by Ace high if they had have called.
  • 1 reply
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      If you cbet with trash and he calls the flop then you play check/fold. In my experience it is rare if you check on the turn your opponent will check down with you, they will more often sense weakness and bet. I am not sure if he checks to you on turn. I would be inclined to push.