[NL2-NL10] Nl10Sh Qq

• kinkink220
      Merge, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $9.90 (99 bb)
      BB: $12.82 (128.2 bb)
      MP: $11.09 (110.9 bb)
      CO: $10.25 (102.5 bb)
      BTN: $4.08 (40.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q Q
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.30, BTN folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BB folds, CO calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.90) 3 4 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.15, CO calls $1.15

Turn: ($4.20) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, CO raises to $3.70, Hero calls $2

River: ($11.60) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Results: $11.60 pot ($0.58 rake)
      OPP is 21 / 15 / 8 3b/ 1 AF / for 100 hands
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      Preflop: 3 bet him more - $1,10 is enough (veriz likes $1,20 more however). Since we're OOP we want to build the pot and play for stacks if we see good flop/ turn.

Flop: I don't like your amount here. Even with only overcards he's calling you. Flop is very dry but we don't want to give him cheap cards. I would cbet something like $1,55 . If he has pair he's calling us almost always.

Turn: I don't understand your turn amount?? If you want to look weak and give him a chance to raise you, so you can shove him, that would be a possibility. We don't have much hands on the opp but until now he doesn't look to aggressive. That's why we want to get the value out of him - he still pays us up with 77+ and maybe FD overcards. I would cbet $3,20.
      Veriz: pot is quite small to try to get it in. Do you think pot size bet or even overpotting is good here?

And when he raises you - he will more likely do it with some middle pair since he wants to protect from him PP overcards so I would raise him here. There is no point in calling and c-c river. We lose a lot of value from good pairs 77-JJ. I would try to get it in.

River: How played I would still value bet thinly here - $3,50. We beat a lot of hands and most PP will pay us up.

Build the pot while you're ahead. And don't be afraid of villains hitting the set if they raise you. Good luck :)
    • veriz
      Hello kinkink220,

Preflop: Yeah, that's true that I like to raise more especially against 3xBB raises and being OOP. Don't give him good odds for set mining. :) Right now you did.

As played
      Flop: Well, I'd still bet a bit bigger ~$1,30.
      Turn: Well, most likely he is bluffing anyways. But the bluff is induced by the small Bet. :) I'd myself still bet a bit bigger ~$3 since we went still preflop for value and TT/JJ and maybe even worse PPs are in his range which pay you.

As played
      River: Well, most likely he is just going to Check behind those weaker pairs/PPs. :) Should have played a bit differently. ;)

Best Regards.