I call BS

• Rasken
      Rasken
      Bronze
      I've been running under EV for very long now...

THE ONLY HANDS i make any profit on whatsoever is hands I get when I tilt and only luck out on every other single good hand I get they get the fuckin river card that they need and ofc I can't let go of my hand when I'm already at the river

fuck this...I'm about to give up on poker since it's just an unreachable dream with bs all the way, I've read books and I'm an analytical person.

WTF is it that isn't working I can't fuckin see it...It's supposed to work..

I'm not saying it easy but the more I play the more I think it's just rigged and it's fuckin impossible..Yes this is just me ranting and yes I just tilted...

seriously tho tilting is another made up thing to tell players that's why they loose...fuckin ridiculous...and people call my raises preflop with fuckin 65o ??
      then they hit their fuckin straitght at the river and my AKs doesnt work...

Just now when I was writing this a fuckin idiot kept betting all the streets down just to show pair in tens at on the river which cracked my pair of sevens...

and this in NL10...

Help me get motivated and help me improve somehow...please?<3
      Don't tell me to watch videos or read books, i've already done that A LOT.

I really like the game but the more I play the more I feel like smashing my screen and going in a friggin bus yellin BS to everyone then smash my head into some kind of lightbulb...ah fuck

now it's end of rant, i've really tried to not rant before but I felt like I needed to vent...
  • 8 replies
    • TurnitAce
      TurnitAce
      Bronze
      let me tell you something..
      Some of us are not made to be poker players.

I have some of your problems as well, i'm not quiting yet but if it goes like that i will forced to..
      Last year i ran good, i kept my self at uni for a year without working, but this year im under EV, idk why..
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      We can't tell you anything new, just to calm down, don't play when you're tilting, this happens, etc.

Try recording a live session with commenting your actions and share it, you'll get quite a lot responses. Maybe you're play is good you are just getting easily frustrated or maybe there's spots that you shouldn't be in the first place. Or you're playing overly aggressive and even bad players are adapting to you by calling down with junk which they occassionally hit.
      Imo it doesn't matter which is the case until someone points it out to you so you'll know what you need to do in order to fix it, which will improve your game, boost your confidence and making you more resistant to tilt.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Poker is all about how well you can hold up during bad times, cuz they will be there long/short etc, you just need to keep improving and get the volume down.

Microstakes is pretty ridicilous yes, I read somewhere that a breakeven play on nl10 is infact a 8bb/100 winner if there were no rake, which is pretty damn fking high IMO.
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      @OP: Work on your mindset, it's 50% of the game.

@Heffron89: It's 8 BB/100 not bb/100. And that's the average. I made calculation for myself on NL10 (I play LAGish style) and i payed 9.32BB/rake. But had 35% rakeback, so basicaly by breaking even you have ~3.25 BB/100 winrate with rakeback. That's fine if you ask me - play 1k hands a day and you get to NL25 in 2 months.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LudiCoka

@Heffron89: It's 8 BB/100 not bb/100. And that's the average. I made calculation for myself on NL10 (I play LAGish style) and i payed 9.32BB/rake. But had 35% rakeback, so basicaly by breaking even you have ~3.25 BB/100 winrate with rakeback. That's fine if you ask me - play 1k hands a day and you get to NL25 in 2 months.
      So the rake is 16bb/100... ye right.
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      Originally posted by LudiCoka

So the rake is 16bb/100... ye right.
      "Rake has a tremendous negative effect on your win rate at the micro stakes. Take a look at the following calculation:

The average pot size at 2nl turned out to be $0.52 or 26 big blinds. At Full Tilt Poker the average amount raked at 2nl is 5.8%. This means that on average 5.8% x 26bb = 1.5bb per hand is taken from the table. Assuming that every player pays an equal amount of rake this would result in you paying approximately ¼ bb per hand in rake or 25 bb/100 hands.
      Your poker win rate is usually expressed as the amount of big blinds (bb) you win per 100 hands. If your win rate would be 10 bb/100 hands, then you're doing very well.

Now compare the average amount of rake paid with a very good win rate, and you'll see that at the lower limits it won't be unlikely for you to pay multiples of your winnings in rake."

From http://www.firsttimepokerplayer.com/online-poker/rake/low-stakes/

Still believe in 8 bb/100? Let us know.
    • buzzinowt
      buzzinowt
      Bronze

"Rake has a tremendous negative effect on your win rate at the micro stakes. Take a look at the following calculation:

The average pot size at 2nl turned out to be $0.52 or 26 big blinds. At Full Tilt Poker the average amount raked at 2nl is 5.8%. This means that on average 5.8% x 26bb = 1.5bb per hand is taken from the table. Assuming that every player pays an equal amount of rake this would result in you paying approximately ¼ bb per hand in rake or 25 bb/100 hands.
      Your poker win rate is usually expressed as the amount of big blinds (bb) you win per 100 hands. If your win rate would be 10 bb/100 hands, then you're doing very well.

Now compare the average amount of rake paid with a very good win rate, and you'll see that at the lower limits it won't be unlikely for you to pay multiples of your winnings in rake."

From http://www.firsttimepokerplayer.com/online-poker/rake/low-stakes/

Still believe in 8 bb/100? Let us know.
    • buzzinowt
      buzzinowt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rasken
      I've been running under EV for very long now...

THE ONLY HANDS i make any profit on whatsoever is hands I get when I tilt and only luck out on every other single good hand I get they get the fuckin river card that they need and ofc I can't let go of my hand when I'm already at the river

fuck this...I'm about to give up on poker since it's just an unreachable dream with bs all the way, I've read books and I'm an analytical person.

WTF is it that isn't working I can't fuckin see it...It's supposed to work..

I'm not saying it easy but the more I play the more I think it's just rigged and it's fuckin impossible..Yes this is just me ranting and yes I just tilted...

seriously tho tilting is another made up thing to tell players that's why they loose...fuckin ridiculous...and people call my raises preflop with fuckin 65o ??
      then they hit their fuckin straitght at the river and my AKs doesnt work...

Just now when I was writing this a fuckin idiot kept betting all the streets down just to show pair in tens at on the river which cracked my pair of sevens...

and this in NL10...

Help me get motivated and help me improve somehow...please?<3
      Don't tell me to watch videos or read books, i've already done that A LOT.

I really like the game but the more I play the more I feel like smashing my screen and going in a friggin bus yellin BS to everyone then smash my head into some kind of lightbulb...ah fuck

now it's end of rant, i've really tried to not rant before but I felt like I needed to vent...
      There's two ways you can go. You can pretend poker is rigged or that everyone is luckier than you and you can continue to lose money and then quit, or you can accept that poker is a game of luck in the short term and that if you make good decisions you will win in the long run.