Top 100 or 20 level promotion

• Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I was thinking that the existing top 100 promotion is pretty cool and generous, but unless your a high roller you don't get a chance to benefit from it. So what I would like to suggest is a level promotion. Maybe not top 100, but top 20. So there would be a silver top 20, gold top 20... And the prizes would be adjusted accordingly, platinum would get more than gold for example.

Now for some arguments as to why this would actually make sense:
      1.Every body brings in rake so everybody should benefit from the promotion.
      2.It would be a nice boost for low rollers and it would help everybody to climb up limits.
      3.It would encourage low limit players to play more and thus to climb up faster.
      4.At the beginning it's nice to try different things(FL, NL, Sng...) and then to decide what you want to play(I'm still not sure). And in that period it's nice to get a money boost if you try something that doesn't really work before you find your thing.
      5.It would make me and a lot of other people happy :D

So, what do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      There is a graph in the rewards section that illustrates it quite nicely

Basically while you are between Bronze to Platinum ranks, we offer you an increasing assortment of content to improve your game. Starting off with the starting capital we offer Coachings, Articles, Videos, all these things that will help you move up the limits.

Its kind of like the phrase "Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime". Our goal is to teach our players to become better players - so while they are still learning we don't 'give them fish' but teach them how to catch their own (wonderful how this phrase gets even more meaningful in a poker context) :)

Additionally as I'm sure you understand the proposed concept has several flaws in it. The #1 Gold member would get money but the last ranked Platinum member who earned 30 StrategyPoints more would get nothing. We would be punishing all those that actually moved up - which can't be productive.

But as always we are working on promotions for everyone and have also extended the Top100 to Top250: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/pokerstrategy/As-of-April-100-000-for-our-top-250-players_04391

Best regards,
      SoyCD