Carlowitz folds
      Hero shows [Jd Jh]
      TST62 shows [7s Ks]
      *** RIVER *** [6h Js Ts 3s] [As]
      Hero shows three of a kind, Jacks
      TST62 shows a flush, Ace high
      TST62 wins the pot ($5.80) with a flush, Ace high

Total pot $6.40 | Rake $0.60

Should I've pushed on the flop? After the turn I should fold right? I loose the most money with pocket jacks, that's why I just called a raise preflop.
  • 7 replies
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Don't call preflop,reraise to 0.90 and if you get callers you can push on flop maybe?
      Bronze
      Raise 3x preflop or even push directly. Depends on what your stack is. On the flop it's clear push if you didn't go all-in before.
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      okay thanks, but that bastard would probably call me anyway hehe
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      For sure reraise or push preflop, clear push on the flop if you just reraised with your set.

It's hard sometimes with JJ running against AA KK or QQ, but a too passive play enables your opponents to improve their hands so you will often see an A or K or Q on the flop which means any Ax Kx or Qx hand now is in front if not hitting your set.

So with aggressive play preflop you have enough FE to make these hands fold, you will have less opponents and a good chance to be ahead.
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      so if I have only one opponent in play, and the flop come I dunno A :spade: 7 :heart: 10 :diamond: , and I've raised before the flop (50 ->two limpers), and the villan just called, and I'm first to act, what do I do. I mean, if he just called preflop, he may be calling AJ, or pocket 77 or 10. Sure, I make a conti bet, but if I make it half the pot, I'm already commited, so it's best to just push it, or contibet, and if he reraises me, I fold?

This pocket jacks give me a lot of headaches hehe :)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matkov
      so if I have only one opponent in play, and the flop come I dunno A :spade: 7 :heart: 10 :diamond: , and I've raised before the flop (50 ->two limpers), and the villan just called, and I'm first to act, what do I do. I mean, if he just called preflop, he may be calling AJ, or pocket 77 or 10. Sure, I make a conti bet, but if I make it half the pot, I'm already commited, so it's best to just push it, or contibet, and if he reraises me, I fold?

This pocket jacks give me a lot of headaches hehe :)
      That are exactly the thoughts why a push preflop is a good move most of the times and quite sure a +ev move. (still not knowing yr stacksize but assuming it was not too high as shorty)

You are thinking about the flop decision, which you didn't have to do if allin preflop. Yr FE was good preflop against Ax hands, 77 or TT, you would make it difficult for them to continue their hands.

if they do, they do it as underdogs against your JJ. if they hit their set it's bad for you, but - and that is always important to remember!!! - only this hand.

think longtermed, yr. opponents will not hold the lower pocket pairs which become a set too often.

So I think making the hand clear preflop is definitely +EV
    • matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      yeah i know what you mean.If I think someone will call, I always try to go all in preflop with theese hands. But if there are only two or one limper, I don't think that anyone would call if I go all in with 2 bucks. Thanks for your advice