[NL2-NL10] Second Barrel with pocket pairs?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8, 8.
      MP2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.22, CO calls $0.22, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.56) 6, 2, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.54, CO calls $0.54.

Turn: ($1.64) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.89, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.64.
      The turn messed up everything. The opponent was loose aggressive.
      Was it worth to risk a second barrel?
  • 2 replies
    • purplefizz
      Hi there DONGSIM,

This thread was created in the Discussion Forums, but it should rightfully belong in the hand evaluation forums. (you will see it as a subforum above). I will move it there now. Just want to flag that so you will create it in the proper section next time and so that our awesome hand judges can see it and comment on it :)

Also it helps if you take a look at our hand evaluation rules. ive highlighted one below, but you can read the link for more info :)

4. Write an informative headline.
      Your headline should include the limit, variation and situation at hand. Here is an example:
      NL5 SH 88 midpair, to 2nd barrel when flush completes?

These rules help our hand evaluation forum run more smoothly. Thanks so much for your cooperation. If you have any questions, dont hesitate to let me know ;)

• veriz
      Hello DONGSIM,

Against MP2 stack I guess I wouldn't even raise there but rather just limp in as well. But as played and we continue with the hand, I'd most likely play the same way. Not much you can do on the turn while even a FD completes.

Best Regards.